• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Service code on a d6t

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
#3 is for coolant temperature. Shown as 2-wire both in Parts Manual and electrical schematic. According to Parts Manual the sensor has no pigtail (2nd illustration). The engine wiring harness plugs straight into it.

What are the wire colours & numbers if you can see any on the engine harness side of the connector for any sensor you're interested in. It makes it easier to identify stuff.

Unless your photo above is deceiving that 3-pin connector doesn't look like anything Deutsch I've seen before. For a kickoff Deutsch 3-pin connectors are AFAIK all triangular.

1706637773474.png1706637838670.png

EDIT: The other sensors in that illustration are:-
#2 - Inlet Manifold Temp
#4 - Atmospheric Pressure
#5 - Engine Oil Pressure
#6 - Inlet Manifold Pressure
#7 - Injection Actuation Pressure
#8 - Speed/Timing

Last edited:

Cmark

Unless your photo above is deceiving that 3-pin connector doesn't look like anything Deutsch I've seen before. For a kickoff Deutsch 3-pin connectors are AFAIK all triangular.

I think that's an Ampseal connector which has lost its cover and had the locking tab broken off. They're typically used on the newer Perkapillar engines.

1706646900555.png

Cmark

The OP's machine has the 3306034 sensor group due to there being a serial break at THX22180. It looks like this sensor group does use at least some Ampseal style sensors. However, in both sensor groups, the ECT sensor is 2 pin so the plug in the photo is for something else. Engine oil pressure maybe?

1706649003089.png

Nige

However, in both sensor groups, the ECT sensor is 2 pin so the plug in the photo is for something else. Engine oil pressure maybe?
There are four options for a 3-wire sensor on that engine, and they are all pressure sensors, engine oil pressure being one of them.

Again it comes back to the (as yet) unanswered question of what the colours/numbers are on the wires. With that information it would be easy to identify which sensor it is.

artree0

Have a 465-6504 filter ordered but not sure it is applicable to my dozer. It's a canister. Have a cartridge type at my filler location. Is there another location for that # to go? Cat says its for my machine as the cartridge one also.

Nige

Have a 465-6504 filter ordered but not sure it is applicable to my dozer. It's a canister. Have a cartridge type at my filler location. Is there another location for that # to go? Cat says its for my machine as the cartridge one also.
Were you looking in the right place.? The steering charge filter is located in a compartment at cab level on the LH side of the machine. Should have a door on it. 465-6504 is the correct Part Number for that filter.

artree0

Just the battery and fuse box on left. Have a cartridge one along with trans dip stick there in right side with door.

artree0

Is there a way or any imfo on checking that switch for operation on filter head? Also I'm assuming by erasing stored codes that event code will go too? If it comes back then could become a problem child sorta saying.

Nige

Dead easy to check the switch. Unscrew it from the filter housing then reconnect it to the machine harness. From memory with the button on the business end of the switch pressed the alarm should be off, released it should be on. You could do the same test with a multimeter to check the switch contacts are opening & closing.