• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rollback or roll offs

OffDIGGIN

rolloff

thanks its my only truck right now and its not a show truck i just like to keep it as clean as i can. it see's the dirt evey day. got keep up my image
clean truck+clean tractor+clean work= happy customers:D

john1066

We have a mack we use for everything moving equipment blowing wood chips into hauling snow dirt trash we have pretty much done every thing we can think of with this truck

Attachments

• IMG_1989.JPG
    IMG_1989.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 596

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Roll off. I must be honest, any thing carrying a big piece of kit starts to move off the bed, I will damn near mess myself, but it is a very useful concept, extremely well suited to the demolition industry, or the recycling industry, But it allows for greater versatilty of your truck, and is much cheaper to get on the outset. You know what, I think I will one day when when my ears are a little drier get a hook lift truck and a container for the material I will move, and a flatbed for the TLB.

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Here are a couple pics of box i did up for my hook lift.
You guys sure have some nice trucks!
Mike

Attachments

• 100_0120.jpg
    100_0120.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 100_0166.jpg
    100_0166.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,278

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Very nice mcabbage. That is a slick set-up. I have been pondering the same thing - a used van body converted to a hook-lift setup. What I was wanting to do is use them for portable storage, rent them out. They would be easier to move than a conex box and you can use the truck you already have.

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Might work out, I think you can find used boxes fairly inexpencive.
Mounting them to a sled could add up quick.

I thought about the same thing with my hook lift, but ive got no money
to get that started right now. Tough enough just hanging on to stuff
with my work situation? Someday!

Mike

Turbo21835

Very nice mcabbage. That is a slick set-up. I have been pondering the same thing - a used van body converted to a hook-lift setup. What I was wanting to do is use them for portable storage, rent them out. They would be easier to move than a conex box and you can use the truck you already have.

I know Brandenburg demolition uses conex boxes that are set up like a roll off can. Add rollers on the corners, the sled and the hook point. Hitch your cable, pull her on the truck, down the road it goes. Ive worked for another demo company that had a modified roll off can. They took a high side box, added a peaked roof. Cut both ends, and set up doors on the front and back of the box. Around here we have a can company that has a similar set up. Except the door is only on one end. All are good options for job site storage, As long as you have a solid surface.

The set up I prefer is what I had in Ohio. We took conex boxes, and mounted them on sleds made from 8 inch steel tube. The tube was angled up on the ends. At the door end, the tubes extended past the door and cut on an angle. They way it was set up you could drag the box with a hoe, or push the rear end with a dozer. The tube that extends past the door has expanded metal mesh welded to them. This way you can get most of the dirt off your feet on the way into the box. When it came time to move the crew, one of our dozers would leave first. It would go to the next job site. Lowboy driver came back and used our other dozer to push the box on the trailer. Or they would use a hoe. It would sit in the well while our 2000 gallon fuel tank sat on the back over the wheels. Apparently this was an idea taken from the oilfields.

Bobcat s330

A few of my trucks

Attachments

• TRUCK PLOW AND SPREADER 047.jpg
    TRUCK PLOW AND SPREADER 047.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 826
  • TRUCK PLOW AND SPREADER 202.jpg
    TRUCK PLOW AND SPREADER 202.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 819
  • raffy 026.jpg
    raffy 026.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC02222.jpg
    DSC02222.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 811
  • equiptment pics 236.jpg
    equiptment pics 236.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 807

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Bobcat,
Looks great, which hooklift is it? How long is the hooklift bed.
Thanks
Mike