• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rollback or roll offs

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Thanks
I think a flatbed will be my next purchace for my truck.
Ah so many ideas and so little money!
Mike

cat320

Charter Member
Thanks
I think a flatbed will be my next purchace for my truck.
Ah so many ideas and so little money!
Mike

Well at least you have the truck hook and some bodies it's getting set up that cost the most. I still like your box a workshop in a box.

cat320

Charter Member
Mike what kind of electrical hook up do you have between the box and the truck? have you ever forgot to unconnect before dropping it?

I like the thought of the long box but you also have short dump/dumpster bodies .

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
The hooklift is a slider version so it can take containers from 18' to 12' and i suppose you
could push it a bit more with a drop down bumper. The box is 18' and that gives me just a bit under 4' overhanging the rear bumper.

Ive got the box wired to a trailer plug conector and just plug it into trailer hitch plug.
And yes i have forgot it a couple times and it just disconects itself. Im surprised i didnt
rip it off by the roots!

cat320

Charter Member
I have a question about the hydraulics they have said on swap loader that you can hook up sanders bucket trucks graple set ups and so on with the hydraulics they have.Are you able to do that with your set up? put a sander on there? I wish your where closer definatl ywould like to see the box set up.

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Hi
Sorry i dont know, but imagine they are all about the same setup?

You are welcome to come by any time, I am about an hour from Stoneham.
Mike

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have a question about the hydraulics they have said on swap loader that you can hook up sanders bucket trucks graple set ups and so on with the hydraulics they have

our Swaploader does not have that capability stock but I believe you can get aux hyds to run whatever you want off the PTO, of course you would be limited to the size and output of the PTO and hyd unit.

If times were better, we want to get a hook-lift grapple unit for our tandem truck that will run off the trucks hyd with quick connects.

Here's a link to those pics https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=8368 post #11

I don't know the details of that particular unit but it does not seem to have a pony motor so it must work off the truck hydraulics.