• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt 379 Project

Roadog

Occupation
Hauling Trash
Wow, those are some great pics of the build. Especially with that airride front axle. I was actually searching online last night for more info on that and...........crickets...then I saw this thread and your pics.

Slammed379

Wow, those are some great pics of the build. Especially with that airride front axle. I was actually searching online last night for more info on that and...........crickets...then I saw this thread and your pics.

Thanks. Hope this thread helps. If you guys have any questions go ahead and ask. I had the hardest time finding info/pics on lowered trucks, air ride installations and other stuff like this when I was doing research before I started.

02Dmax

Are you going to use the rear lightbar to support your fenders? Looks like an easy, clean way to hide the hardware.

02Dmax

sweet, it's going to look killer. Can't wait to see more pics here and over at hotrodrigs.

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
Close the front wheel well opening a bit to match the tire radius and it will look meaner and more proportioned. More like your new rear fenders do.
Great job with the build and the pictorial.
Thanks

Slammed379

Close the front wheel well opening a bit to match the tire radius and it will look meaner and more proportioned. More like your new rear fenders do.
Great job with the build and the pictorial.
Thanks

Thank you, I wish I could. I have learned so much during this build. I have a C-15 and it is probably the worst engine to have if you want to lower your 379 Pete. My axle is about 1/2" away from the oil pan right now. If I had a C-12, C-13, or a N-14 Cummins, I'd be able to de-arch my front springs and really put this truck on the ground :)

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
What I meant was to change the opening radius by replacing the fender with aftermarket or adding material to your existing fender to more closely match the radius of your tires.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ron

Slammed379

What I meant was to change the opening radius by replacing the fender with aftermarket or adding material to your existing fender to more closely match the radius of your tires.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ron

Oh, I see. Ron, you are probably the 5th person to tell me that. So its obviously something that catches people's eyes. I don't know why, but I've always liked that look. I think I've always used it as a gauge to tell how low a truck is and now I just like that look. We all have little weird things about us, this is one of mine. Thank you for your comments and suggestions, they are always appreciated.

Multiracer

Occupation
Owner/ operator
Great stuff.

I understand. Keep building and adding and subtracting parts and metal. It is a cool project.
All I have is a KW T-800 dump.

Slammed379

There are only two things, Dave can't fix or weld; a broken heart and the crack in your ass.

186.jpg