• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt 379 Project

02Dmax

Got anymore pics of the front suspension? Did you change the shackle setup in the rear or does that leaf have a flatter bend to it? Great looking truck, I love the clean and simple ones, less is more.

Slammed379

Got anymore pics of the front suspension? Did you change the shackle setup in the rear or does that leaf have a flatter bend to it? Great looking truck, I love the clean and simple ones, less is more.

Thanks. No more pics right now. I'm taking them and posting them as I go. Before I started this project of lowering the truck, I did lots of research looking for pics and information on the internet and there is hardly any. That's why I started this thread, for anyone with questions or someone who wants to do it too.

No, the factory shackles and springs are used. Basically, to lower the front of the truck you have several options depending on how low you want to go (Drop axle with stock springs, stock axle with one leaf spring and an air ride set-up or a drop axle with one spring and an air ride kit, which is what I did). You can go even lower, but more mods are needed to the engine and chassis. My axle is about 1/2" from my oil pan with the air dumped, but I have a Cat C-15. If I had a Cummins or a Cat C-12 or C-13 there would be much more room to lower it if I wanted to modify the chassis.

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are here to learn.

02Dmax

Cool, I assume you've done away with the stock axle pitch block and have a much thinner one? What size tire is that? Rims are 22.5's I assume.

Slammed379

Cool, I assume you've done away with the stock axle pitch block and have a much thinner one? What size tire is that? Rims are 22.5's I assume.

The company I purchased the air ride kit from told me to remove all the alignment shims and spacers. The tires are 255 70R 22.5's.

Seaside LPS

Damn that is one sweet pete. I wish I could figure out how to drop my F650 would make using the rolloff system better!

Seaside LPS

I keep thinking about it, it has leafs and on 22.5 wheels just never good with how it would be capable. I like how you have it on air, so when I got to dump site could raise it up. I am defintely going to follow your thread and see where it goes and keep brainstorming for myself

Slammed379

do you have any pics of how you mount the front of your rear fenders? thanks

I have not mounted them yet, they are just sitting on the tires. The truck has Flex Air suspension so I'm still thinking of a few different ways I can make a front mount that looks nice. I don't want to get something that just bolts on like a Hogebuilt stainless fender bracket. I will probably make something and when I get to that point I will post pics of it.