• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Legal load on the quad axles down for axle weight and state secondary highways bridge formula was 20t.
Truck weighed 26550 empty, that when loaded reasonably in the bed with most product to the rear made axle weights correct.
When worked Highway Department contracts we were given ‘Commercial Zone’ hauling limits and could haul to license weight, 72,380 with Increased axle load ratings.

Then there were the days of self load and delivery close to load site, not that happened too regularly but did see close to 79,000 gross a few times!

ianjoub

382589876_726315566183542_56424106413386490_n.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Eons ago, while in Hawaii, I happened to see an old Ketchikan Pulp and Paper truck hauling sugar cane. (Before they quit growing it there.) It had a trailer about 50(?) feet long and sides that looked to be better than 10' high. Just a big lattice work trailer. The sugar cane it was hauling looked just like a giant haystack of cane. Some was dragging on the haul road, it had a similar view to this photo, but much less organized. I would guess the actual load was better than 20' tall. Of course in the era of Kodak Instamatics, a quick photo never happened. But was it ever imprinted on my brain.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Remember demo'ing one of those brand new and calling the salesman to come pick it up after the first 30 mins of running it.