• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Willie B

The old Ford truck is clearly a long retired Town Truck. Typically they are bought by farmers. This farmer will be bragging the rest of his life about this escapade.

He does have an electric brake control, what are the odds it is connected?

HATCHEQUIP

441466748_3274292849546191_1925039631102966564_n.jpg

Willie B

On the subject of post 4378:
In the 1970s George Connors was sort of a local hero.
They were building a new highway through Manchester, a number of houses had to go. Tim Keys bought a 28 by 48 ranch style for $1. He hired George to move it. They travelled back roads as much as they could, fewer cops, fewer wires across the road. George was on the roof with a chainsaw, his son in the driver's seat. One branch at a time, one cable at a time stretched up to clear the roof, they travelled about 20 miles. No permit. Near everybody knew about it for miles around, seems some police must have known.

I built a makeshift shelter for a dozer, then moved it 3 miles. Too tall for the wires, I backed the trailer inside it, chained it up under the trailer. I'll guess 14' tall. Went down Main Street Danby to avoid police. My heart has never beat so hard! I was sure I'd get caught!

Shed.JPGView.jpg

DMiller

Used to wonder why jobsite office trailers only generally had One Axle. Most appeared far heavier than 7-9000lb and the axles most times had no brakes. Then saw most were trailered ON a trailer to the site and the axle used for moving it around the site. Well Brother In Law and his original partner at the Salem MO farm needed a cabin, a ‘Buddy’ (only Half a Word) had one of these a 18’x 7’6” x 7’ inside height on a single axle and a 2 5/16 ball hitch. So knowing his own Half ton GMC long bed with a 454 could handle that those two proceeded to haul that unlicensed trailer house to Salem. Did not get caught, had put a box van trailer license on it the partner had, but noted that top heavy swing like a pendulum bugger was a nightmare over 50mph. Took them 4.5 hours from West St Louis county to the farm at Gladden MO. Sweating bullets any time a semi passed them as would start the bugger whipping. Lucky no one got hurt.

DSC01713.JPGDSC01714.JPG

Last edited:

Willie B

Used to wonder why jobsite office trailers only generally had One Axle. Most appeared far heavier than 7-9000lb and the axles most times had no brakes. Then saw most were trailered ON a trailer to the site and the axle used for moving it around the site. Well Brother In Law and his original partner at the Salem MO farm needed a cabin, a ‘Buddy’ (only Half a Word) had one of these a 18’x 7’6” x 7’ inside height on a single axle and a 2 5/16 ball hitch. So knowing his own Half ton GMC long bed with a 454 could handle that those two proceeded to haul that unlicensed trailer house to Salem. Did not get caught, had put a box van trailer license on it the partner had, but noted that top heavy swing like a pendulum bugger was a nightmare over 50mph. Took them 4.5 hours from West St Louis county to the farm at Gladden MO. Sweating bullets any time a semi passed them as would start the bugger whipping. Lucky no one got hurt.

View attachment 311900View attachment 311901
And at least one wife was furious! But she forgave him because he makes her laugh.

crane operator

Why is it you don't like a Freightliner?----and that's a old photo.
Every freightliner I've been in, or looked at, that had that dash- the dash was all broken up. I can't believe that one in the picture is in one piece, with all the extra holes in it for radios. Of course every one that I've been in or looked at, was a worn out piece of junk, which really isn't freightliner's fault.

We also had one a little newer, at a place I used to work, and I swear that was the hottest cab I've ever sweat to death in.

Its okay though- I've currently got a KW that I'm about to give up on, its been in the shop more than we've had it on any work site, and I'm about convinced its a problem child and want to have it be someone else's problem.

I'm a little pessimistic on the truck front at the moment.

DMiller

8664 series were refrigerated Hot boxes summer and winter. AC kept ears cool heater could almost defog W/S in winter but dog house and cab front wall basically direct to heat source summer and cold in winter.

My old K100 not much better. Just did not whistle air leak around doors.