• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

The Peej

428632111_727205102928621_3130492597824746084_n.jpg

Saw this on facebook. Since he's overweight already he is not adding to it with chains and binders.

Truck Shop

You folks do know where ever that took place, 100 miles as the crow fly's there was another
rolling along doing the same thing. Just figure at anyone time there is a minimum of 48 loads
just like that-one in each state, with a minimum of one, more than likely two or three.
There is no shortage of people in the construction business cutting corners, same with shops
doing repairs.
This morning on my way to doctor visit in Richland, just as leaving town a WSP had a lowboy
pulled over. Had a large excavator on, over width--he was one hour before sunrise and not
enough lights in my book. I think the WASP has the same book I do and wrote him up.

MG84

You folks do know where ever that took place, 100 miles as the crow fly's there was another
rolling along doing the same thing. Just figure at anyone time there is a minimum of 48 loads
just like that-one in each state, with a minimum of one, more than likely two or three.
There is no shortage of people in the construction business cutting corners, same with shops
doing repairs.

And you're not even taking into account all the hotshot truckers. Almost without fail, every hotshot rig I see with a single wheel gooseneck trailer or single wheel wedge car hauler the axles are bent. Often they have a stack of blown or chewed up tires in the bed too.

Truck Shop

And you're not even taking into account all the hotshot truckers. Almost without fail, every hotshot rig I see with a single wheel gooseneck trailer or single wheel wedge car hauler the axles are bent. Often they have a stack of blown or chewed up tires in the bed too.
Don't need to--Hot Shots are a given--running lame--The true meaning of Gypo Trucker.
Before deregulation in 1980--those types were called Wildcats. Most Wildcats were ones
who hauled Hot Loads--didn't have proper permits for cargo on deck. Permits in those
days basically limited what you could haul---You had to have permits to haul {House Hold
Goods---Dairy products---Raw Steel--any Farm Commodity and so on. ICC kept a good
eye on the situation. If you applied for a certain permit any trucking company within your
area that had the same permit could contest you applying for that permit. Then there was
the permit everybody wanted {The Grand Daddy--it covered everything}. When a company
went out of business---the permits could be sold---any trucking company that had a
Grand Daddy was setting on a small fortune with holding just that permit.
When freight was regulated--trucking companies made money-it kept the cutting of freight
rates out. Freight stayed at a more constant level which kept rates at a level the public
could afford. When deregulation took place-it allowed everyone to jump in, rates dropped
for a short time, but freight brokers were the ones cashing in skimming the profits.
And along with it the scab truckers running junk doubled.