• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old terex

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
this is old girl is parcked right now, i think it runs though cause i went back to take the pics and it was in a different spot.dnt know what year it is thou i found a mfg stamp but no date.

Attachments

• iron007 (Custom).JPG
    iron007 (Custom).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,659
  • iron028 (Custom).JPG
    iron028 (Custom).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,440

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Sweet!
That was state of the art in earthmoving technology at one time...
:cool:

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Seems like in my area those old terex's are just as popular as cat scrapers for some reason. They are all over the place, and over last summer a company that had about 15 of them worked across the street from my house. It would be 5:00 AM and they would fire up all 30 of those Detroits. Man were they loud!!!!

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Man I would hate to be the guy running that machine!!! I bet he hears that old detroit roaring in his sleep!!!!

jhill

I grew up about 2 miles from the GM Proving Grounds in Mi. The earthmover testing area was in the corner nearest our house. I can still remember those Jimmys roaring in the distance when I got off the school bus.:eek:

Jerry

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I ran a few Terexes. TS-14s, a TS-18 and a TS-24 like the one in these pics. They were not that bad. You don't see them around much anymore. I miss them.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Thats the first 24 I've seen, but I've worked with several smaller ones.

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
I stumbled onto these on a shopping trip to South Dakota, the owner told me the tandem ones haul 50 yards, they have a twin turboed 12v-71 in the front and a 8v71T in the back, the normal TS 24s have a natural asperated 12v-71 in the front and a inline 6-71 in the rear position.

Attachments

• Terex Scrapers 047.jpg
    Terex Scrapers 047.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,518
  • Terex Scrapers 048.jpg
    Terex Scrapers 048.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,613

ConstSite

Occupation
Construction
Great photos! Hey Cat D9, could you pass along where and when those photos were taken? I have always wanted to see one of those twin Terex's.

- Chris

ConstSite

Occupation
Construction
Thank you very much! This might make an option for a side-trip.

- Chris

JDOFMEMI

I have always heard of the twin can 24's, but never have had a chance to see one in person. Thanks for posting. Too bad they are so far away.

Ray Welsh

Banned
I have always heard of the twin can 24's, but never have had a chance to see one in person. Thanks for posting. Too bad they are so far away.

I ran some Scottish built TS-24s around 1973 at Gold Coast, Australia. They had 8V-71s front and rear but were tough and reliable. The operators were also tough in those days as they were rigid with no suspension......C ya....Ray

tdozer

I also ran a couple scottish built TS24's here in jersey. they seemed very under powered in the front with the naturally asparated 8V-71N. As soon as you hammer on the rear you had more than enough power back there start grabbin gears. From what i hear, last year he put turbochargers on the front and it gave them plenty of power. They would of been very nice machines if he took better care of them. niether one has brakes and as soon as you let off the throttle the compressor couldnt keep up with the air leaks and the tranny would kick into neutral. They have been sitting in a field in Medford for about 6 months now. i guess there is no work big enough for them right now. Hopefully they get some work for them soon so they dont get sold or even worse, the torch. They are the only two 24's that i know of in south jersey. i will try to dig up some photos if i can find them.
Jim.

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
I beleive you are right on the mark, there was sure a lot of iron there, must have been nearly 20 D9Gs there too

catken

Terex spread

I believe all their suppot equipment is Cat. They have a TC12 and a couple of other older machines in their front yard that look pretty cool. I don't know how much work they do anymore but they have a lot of capicity. Believe all their scrapers are older ones also and are probably in pretty good shape yet.m Just went by their a year ago and alot of stuff in the yard.