• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old D6 and cable scoop

ozscooper

thought someone would like to see this outfit i found in one of our yards

Attachments

• 18012008(001).jpg
    18012008(001).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,056

dieseldave

Neat old machine. It's got a strange air filter setup and a bulge on the hood, makes me think it may have had the turbo option added.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I would like to see some more pics of how cable on the scraper is rigged never seen one in person.

ozscooper

i beleive its still running, they tend to leave blades up on the old stuff just in case. i will have to take pics of all his other bits and pieces. i been cleaning up some of our yards and finding all sorts of old beasts about the place. think i may have to use the old 12 in the pic soon to grade some fence lines.

Attachments

• 03122007.jpg
    03122007.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 841

Rusted

You look to be a fair way west of anything much from those pics ozscooper...western Qld?

Lashlander

Someone seems to have photo chopped all your mountains out of the back ground.:beatsme Cool what a guy can run across when he's cruising around.

ozscooper

there are some hills in the backround just very small.and all the other hills are mine stockpiles. scoop on the float is one of 4 621s we are using to dig dams. i have nothing but respect for the blokes who drove these day in day out when they were new.

Attachments

• 23012008(002).jpg
    23012008(002).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 632

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I have run those old 621's when they first come out.They had V/8 in them and everytime you came down off a slope the nose was always trying to root in the ground.

Also when you was turning sharp and the back wheel on the scraper would hit a hump or drop in a hole then it would throw the nose down.Didn't seem to take anything to get it to rocking and rolling!!!!!! :D :usa

Rusted

Yes, it looks like that old 21 has had a heart transplant going on the position of the stack. A lot of owners replaced the old V8 "claterpillar" as they cost an arm and a leg to overhaul and didn't have a great record. Spent many a long day on those old stiffnecks.....makes my back ache just thinking about it now....:D

ozscooper

yeah they all had transplants the one in pic has a cummins in it sounds very nice, all others have 3306 s in em.and they still dive into the dirt ay every opportunity. seen some of the boys coming down batters on funny angles. i think he has about 12 t650 prime movers all pulling road train side tippers and this one as permanent float truck. got a few old macks aswell.