• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NIGE

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
It is that time around there lol. We’re just about to leave for church here. So did they finally find somebody besides Lucas to build their fridges so the beer stays cold?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Play in the muck and fix broken stuff like a do here but with warm beer at the end of the day!
Warm beer. A common misconception from your side of the Pond. All "proper" pubs have stone-walled cellars where the temperature probably varies year-round by maybe 1 degree at most. That's where the beer is stored and it sure as hell ain't "warm". Not frozen to death like you would need to do to a pilsner-type beer to make it drinkable, but certainly not warm. You should try it.

Shimmy1

Warm beer. A common misconception from your side of the Pond. All "proper" pubs have stone-walled cellars where the temperature probably varies year-round by maybe 1 degree at most. That's where the beer is stored and it sure as hell ain't "warm". Not frozen to death like you would need to do to a pilsner-type beer to make it drinkable, but certainly not warm. You should try it.
Hahaha. Definitely warm by our standards. ********

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Got used to "warm" beer in Kenya. We were staying up in the Taita Hills and the beer was as cold as the temp went down the night before. When that's all ya' got - you get "used to it". :p

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
That’s actually from an old joke, I know it’s cold lol. The joke goes why do the Brit’s like warm beer? Because the fridges are made by Lucas. It comes from all the time I soent with a mentor that was into older Jags and other British iron.

nicky 68a

It’s great reading all these comments on here and makes a lovely read.
I will get some pics of my local pub.It is quintessentially English for sure.
I’ve visited Canada often and USA a few times.Over there your beer seems fairly light and allways ice cold.It’s great to sink a few after a day in the snow.
These days,I spend a fair chunk of time In Spain.They are,without doubt the finest brewers of beer I’ve ever had.Allways ice cold and great to drink in the sun.IMG_7925.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7911.jpeg
    IMG_7911.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5811.jpeg
    IMG_5811.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5822.jpeg
    IMG_5822.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Queenslander

Thanks Nige, for all the advice that you have freely given over the years..it’s been greatly appreciated.
With an ice cold schooner featuring in my avatar it should come as no surprise that Iam a keen connoisseur of the amber fluid.
But, sadly, I might be part of a dying breed with per capita beer consumption here less than half that of 40 years ago.

Last edited: