• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help locating parts for oddball excavator

MachineHead437

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
^^^^This is an older picture of have of the machine from last year with the cylinder on it still ^^^

Andrew_D

Not that CAT cylinders are very cheap, but have you looked on their site? They list the bore x stroke for the boom, stick & bucket cylinders. If you can find something workable, you might try salvage yards for that particular model (or even an earlier version of the same model).

Not sure exactly what size your machine is, but this link is to the 311D which shows a bucket cylinder with bore=100mm, stroke=939mm. http://www.cat.com/en_AU/products/new/equipment/excavators/small-excavators/17424068.html. If you find something that works, phoning CAT with the model number MIGHT?? get you the pin sizes as well.

Andrew

Edit: I just noticed that was the Australian CAT site. Gotta love where Mr. Google sends you some times! I would guess that the US site lists the same info (and the cylinder sizes are likely the same anyway.)

Last edited:

MachineHead437

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thank you all for the suggestions. Ive been in contact with quite a few people. Most have turned up dead-ends. Right now I'm in the process of trying to find something of similar size that I can adapt. Finding the exact bucket cylinder is unsuccessful. :(

Cat_man320

To get you up and running, you should look for something that is close on bore , stroke and length . you may end up with the bucket a little slower but more power or vice versa. just find something that have same dia. pins and you're good to go . I wouldn't worry about getting indentical fit if nothing is available . hydraulic fluid don't know the difference

MachineHead437

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thank you all again. Unfortunately, most of the ideas did not pan out for me. I'm gonna see about just selling the machine as is and put the money towards maybe a komatsu or cat.

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
We had a fiat excavator and it had a O&K tag on it, it was an interesting machine so I don't know if that would hep you at all.