• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new website

bobcatuser

Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Nice site and easily navigated! I'm impressed with the road you built.

Is there a reason you didn't use sleemanbobcat.com as your URL? One thing in marketing a business is consistency, and that would apply to your business name as well. You can't give people too much to remember, if they happen to see your truck lettered in passing, there usually are only a few seconds for them to absorb what is on your door. By having your business name and web address the same or very similar, they get a glimpse of your business name twice in one quick viewing. Just a suggestion.

I guess this comment might be considered a warning of type. The one series of photos is of a residential job you did, which is very well done. My only concern here is whether you got the customer's permission to publish their name on your website. I'm pretty certain you are exposed to legal issues if you have not. A change of title for that series of pictures would eliminate that exposure if this is the case, or written permission to use their name..

Hey guys thanks for all the compliments on the website. I’m always interested in learning new stuff, so lets see more websites and pictures of jobs.

I had a friend design my first site before I even had a company and that’s what he made the URL as, he said something about changing it but I never did. When I started my company full time the government wouldn’t register my name as Steve’s Bobcat Service, there were too many company’s with similar names so I used my surname. And no, I’m not related to the brewery if anyone was wondering. :drinkup

I was reluctant to use other residential pictures but for that job my company sponsored a yard makeover contest, it’s long story but I do have permission because the work was done for advertising purposes.

bobcatuser

Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Awesome web page and design, I really love the before and after section with the roll over of the mouse, very neat idea.

BTW, I've posted multiple pics of job sites with customer names without getting in legal troubles, I prefer to do it so the "locals" on this site and other sites get a good idea of where you work.

And on another note, didi you ever do business at Bobcat Country, I know I recognize that name from somewhere.

I did buy a couple of buckets and rent attachments from Country when I first started. I use Surfwood for everything now. How is the new Cat working for you?

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Very nicely and quietly with a silky smooth ride, Bobcat Country hasn't clued in yet, every time a long time customer buys a competitor's machine they give them a phone call and raise hell for about a week or so, I figure I'll send them a Christmas card with the 247 on my trailer and see if they got the message!

wethead

Occupation
Webmaster / Pool Guy / Dad / Heavy Equipment Buff
Thanks for all the complements. I think having a website is probably one of the cheapest ways to advertise. Now I’ll have to remember to take more pictures for updates.

Well said and also a great way to close a deal :)

Let me explain

Customer:

How do I know you are professional?

You: Have a look at our website mam'

Customer:

Can I see the machines you use?

You: Off course my website is example .com

So, A website is a great way to "refer" to things 24 7 :)

I love the site by the way kinda cool

You should add some gallery software

There is some really cool stuff for free.

If you need help let me know, I am a webmaster as well :)

xcavate77

Website and company promotion

I agree.

Ive met many new customers who have commented on our site without us even mentioning it. We have incorporated the address into all of our company vehicles and site trailers. It seems to add another level of professionalisim and shows that you are keeping up technologically.

If anyone gets a second:
www.halbrookexcavating.com

comments are appreciated

Thank You

Beaver

I just got my website redone and was wondering how much business is generated by having a website? How do other people advertise, other than yellow pages? Most of my work comes from referrals.
My site www.stevesbobcat.com

Nice site. In my experience websites are not necessarily to gain business from random people but to improve the opinion of people who are already considering doing business with you.