• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Look at this new concept for tractors.

EqmtRunr

Occupation
Paving crew
neat concept :cool2 but the visibility to the rear seem kinda bad especiallyfor 3pt attachments. :beatsme

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
X2 but it looks cool and thats about it

BIGBEN2004

neat concept :cool2 but the visibility to the rear seem kinda bad especiallyfor 3pt attachments. :beatsme

That is true but I don't think a three point hitch is used a whole lot on a tractor with over 500 Hp:rolleyes:. What do you all think the price tag would be on something like that? I would say nearing or passing the Half Million mark.:drinkup

EqmtRunr

Occupation
Paving crew
I was just thinking of looking back and not being able to see 12 of of the 24 bottom plow you'd be pull'in :D :dizzy

BIGBEN2004

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Thanks Pete I've never seen more then a few pics of Tandem tractors before.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
WOW!!! That rear wheel steer is really cool on the fent and the suspension adjustment, but I would take a Deere over that ugley thing any day.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would think that soil compaction would be an issue with the weight which must be significant being carried by 6 tires all running in the same track.

Deerehauler

Look at all the extra moving parts involved in having a steerable axle. Power is lost anytime you go through a universal joint and this has 4 of 6 wheels powered by u-joints. Also, a steering knuckle joint also requires some type of pivoting arrangement (king pins) which reduces the weight carrying capacity. In other words, the steering type axles must be built MUCH heavier to carry the same weight as a standard axle. This tractor must also have some sort of double gudgeon set-up, which would allow each section to tilt independently from the other.

A normal modern 4WD only has one u-joint passing power from the front half to the rear half. A normal 4WD can also be fitted with duals or even triples, which result in MUCH less ground compaction and allow for more power to be transmitted to the ground. I am not sure of the positive selling points for the Fendt machine--I'll bet I could set up a normal Deere 4WD that would do more work for less money.

ScottAR

If I understand correctly, this thing is aimed at European type farms.

I understand in Europe Four wheel drive tractors presumably with duals are very difficult to road between fields on their narrow roads.

So the idea is one would have big power and traction in a narrower
machine. Big money for sure as well.