• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

HDX

075 We have a couple SPR 570's in trucks (down to only one now) and cant get anything for parts now Brake drums are 2,000 bones apiece and you have to pay for a run of 50. They wont cast any less. With the 121,s we cant get tubes or flaps anymore. Bridgestone and Michelin have both stopped making them. We HAD a couple more P16's with SPR's in them but just sold them to buy more little trucks. Seems western fp is bound and determined to get rid of all big trucks !!! Have to laugh because it sure bodes well in my favor, but we all saw what happened over the last 20 years with getting rid of the big ones. I think we have maybe one more good garage sale left and that will pretty well do it!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Born2clearcut 6280 Cypress Grapple Yarder , working on North Island . Think its in TMAR getting fixed . They were using Pressed Knobs on end of Guyline's with Choker Bell's to choke Guyline Stump . One Pressed Knob pulled off end of Guyline Cable . The machine was going over bank , until Second Guyline came up tight , and caused the machine to swing around on to road . Operator got off with cut's and bruise's .scan783.jpgscan784.jpgscan785.jpg

dirty4fun

Look like it must of been time for a nap. Sitting on level ground with no large logs, must of been nap time!

winterax

IMG_0771.jpg

this one shows the slope a little better. Truck got hung up in the loop, loader tried walking around to lift him off , didn't realize the slope was there ( it was night ), started to slide and went over.

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

So I came across this picture on the net:eek:, and wanted to see what feedback there is. Is it real, photoshop, or a staged scene for a movie:confused:?

I just don't see how it could be real, but then again, ......

random-shite-2016-03-03-23.jpg

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I think it was one of the "final destination" movies? Some stupid movie like that.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Jeet Sangara , Pour Rich Bennett Trucking . I know this happened at Timberwest HBO , on an adverse grade pulling up from a crossing of Bear Creek between Garbage Cr. M/L and Dent Cr. M/L . Not sure why , but an Off Highway Timberwest P-16 preloader was pulling this Pacific Highway Truck up the grade . For what ever reason the Highway Truck got pulled off the road on an inside corner .scan59.jpgscan60.jpgscan61.jpgscan62.jpgscan63.jpg