• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Wow...I guess the load took out the roof when it went over.Truck was either fairly new at the time or well kept..Thats a pretty big painted steel fuel tank...

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
This Pacific Highway truck was purchased new by Trav Rankin or Pat Carson Bulldozing . Its probably around a 1980 , yes it was well kept . These pictures were taken in the late 1990's . The caved in roof is probably from a rock or a stump . The truck was repaired , I believe it is still a working truck , painted Red and working around Duncan with a "Self Loader" mounted on it . Still owned by Pour Rich Bennett Trucking .

skadill

must be above truck-second chancer

wouldnt have known its bad day,if not for the story.

Attachments

• DSCN1287.jpg
    DSCN1287.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCN1288.jpg
    DSCN1288.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 456

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
At Snoqualmie, we would move them up and down I 90 (old I 90) from the mill all the way up to Hansen Creek. Just road them. They would go up the highway each spring following the snow (with snorkels mounted) to pick up right of way. And, come back down at first snow. Those rubber tired machines were great when you were picking up the right of way. Of course in those days, tracked machines were not as fast as they are today when it comes to travel them.

I would love to see the face of a present day DOT employee watching that machine headed up the freeway at 15(?) mph just bouncing along, no cares in the world. I'm not sure when it happened, it was after my time, but during my time the only thing that wasn't roaded were tracked machines, if it had rubber, it roaded. Seeing a self propelled Washington 208 traveling down the freeway was a sight also.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
At Snoqualmie, we would move them up and down I 90 (old I 90) from the mill all the way up to Hansen Creek. Just road them. They would go up the highway each spring following the snow (with snorkels mounted) to pick up right of way. And, come back down at first snow. Those rubber tired machines were great when you were picking up the right of way. Of course in those days, tracked machines were not as fast as they are today when it comes to travel them.

I would love to see the face of a present day DOT employee watching that machine headed up the freeway at 15(?) mph just bouncing along, no cares in the world. I'm not sure when it happened, it was after my time, but during my time the only thing that wasn't roaded were tracked machines, if it had rubber, it roaded. Seeing a self propelled Washington 208 traveling down the freeway was a sight also.
I drove out BU-94 Skagit down the pavement many times!
I don't care how many times you've done it, when you roll one of them big suckers across a bridge it is always in the back of your mind, is this "THE" time!

525isx

Occupation
log trucker

how about up to Garcia ? Mine creek ?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
First dealer I worked for installed cab risers on some of the Maxi Mounts for the Lazy W back in the eighties. It seemed most everyone I had to move had something wrong with the brakes or steering or some odd quirk just to get it moving. Then we added four feet below the cab so the operator could see the top of his load. Reminded me of being on the upper levels of the ship I was on in a storm.