• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC 8000

Wolf

awesome

awesome. and wouldn't that be fun to play with.

It looks like they are doing coal with it, no?

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
and you thought your hoe was big![/url]

Dude...... she doesn't like it when I call her a hoe. I did that once before and she kicked me out of my own apartment for the night. I will ask her again gimmie a sec....

Ouch

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Dude...... she doesn't like it when I call her a hoe. I did that once before and she kicked me out of my own apartment for the night. I will ask her again gimmie a sec....

Ouch

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:falldownlaugh very good.

Big or not, its so slow it would drive me nuts, reminds me of watching paint dry. This smiley is faster :slomo

modelmaker

Occupation
Director
Had a week on a cat 375 few years back, that was nearly as slow ..:bash 12 hours of it a day :Banghead

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Had a week on a cat 375 few years back, that was nearly as slow ..:bash 12 hours of it a day :Banghead

I strongly believe that every good operator should do at least 1 season on muckshift :D the education is priceless :eek: the experience something that will live with you forever, good, bad or indifferent :rolleyes:
I had that dream at 18yrs old to operate something big and yellow with Caterpillar on it :Banghead :D as you get older you learn that the bigger the hoe the bigger the ass of the dumptruck, :D rather like a lot of things in life I suppose. :drinkup

modelmaker

Occupation
Director
Trouble was, that did not learn me, i went up north to a open cast site at a delightful place called Grimesthorpe, just after that week onto a RH120,:beatsme, i spent 2 days on that, thats was double :Banghead:Banghead, but as you say it was an experience, one that i would not do again.
Strangely enough the job they gave right after that RH120 was a 3.5 ton mini :drinkup.. bliss

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
True the bigger the hoe generally the slower it is..... BUT when you compare speed with our 375 and Hitachi 1100EX side by side the 375 is slower. Our 800 and 750 Deere's are faster, and so are the PC1250's we have. This morning I used the 385 again... I was strongly considering coming back tonight and swinging the bucket on the 385 through the cab of the 375!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Boy that is slow too slow and he better get his but in gear the trucks are backing up. I don't think that was a D11 the cab look to big compared to the rest of it D9 or maybe a D10 IMO

ozscooper

wow i thought a pc1800 was slow that thing looks painfull. then again he could have been one of them digger drivers who spend all day on the radio hassilin evryone else instead of just diggin.

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Hey dirtman want to make a pond in one scoop? I think this makes "move a mountain in an afternoon" real. :p

MMSOCAL

Occupation
Excavator Operator 375b,ex1100me, 5130
True the bigger the hoe generally the slower it is..... BUT when you compare speed with our 375 and Hitachi 1100EX side by side the 375 is slower. Our 800 and 750 Deere's are faster, and so are the PC1250's we have. This morning I used the 385 again... I was strongly considering coming back tonight and swinging the bucket on the 385 through the cab of the 375!

I have to agree with you, ive spend a couple years on both 375's and a 1100 and they 375 was slower by far not just in comparion as far a tonnes per cycle, but cycle times in general. Although i ran a newly rebuilt 375 in arkansas that would out cycle a 330c 4 to 3.:usa

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
375 is old technology. I've seen them rebuilt using 385 priority control valves and sometimes pumps and they run wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Even still a good operator on a 375 can whack out a fair amount of dirt, you just have to know how to minimize your wasted movement and how to place your trucks/pile.

I actually attribute me being smooth and fast on a machine due to the fact that I ran a 375 for a year before I got my 385 =) Using the exact same cycle technique I developed on the 375 I was keeping 7 40 ton rock trucks rolling with a 345C. (then again those things come with freakishly large cleanup buckets)

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
375 is old technology. I've seen them rebuilt using 385 priority control valves and sometimes pumps and they run wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Even still a good operator on a 375 can whack out a fair amount of dirt, you just have to know how to minimize your wasted movement and how to place your trucks/pile.

I actually attribute me being smooth and fast on a machine due to the fact that I ran a 375 for a year before I got my 385 =) Using the exact same cycle technique I developed on the 375 I was keeping 7 40 ton rock trucks rolling with a 345C. (then again those things come with freakishly large cleanup buckets)

Welcome to HEF dude. You should have a laptop in that 385 you run right? Anyway post those pics for everyone to see already. :drinkup

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
I can't make threads until I post 3 times then wait an hour for the new anti spam bot script says I'm ok =p

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Make a thread for me so I can post it? LOL

I found CS3 on my desktop, so I'm working on the animation now.

Edit: Nevermind apparently I can make my own now. And I dont have illustrator so I can't make animations =(

Edit again: Used to the old PS. Apparently CS3 you can animate without illustrator, stand by.

Last edited: