• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

petepilot

They should have left it cracked! There's bad welding and there's awful welding. Not sure what that mess is but it isn't welding. Would probably have to make a new lower section for the loader arm or find a used loader boom.
that was likely done with a brand new $89.00 wire feed from some where

Welder Dave

Or someone was gouging close by and blew all the slag and molten steel on it. What's really sad is it looks like they spent quite a bit a time making it worse with every attempted bead.

colson04

On that Birdshyt pile replace the loader frame!!! 'IF' can get it REALLY Cheap then worth it.

No, that machine just needs to go to a parts dealer. Already has a trans problem, coupled with a crippled boom. Send it to someone who needs an engine or replacement hoe parts. If the P.O. did that to the boom, what else did they fabricobble on that machine?

crane operator

Denver is too far to go to buy a project backhoe, there's likely busted loaders closer to me, that wouldn't be so expensive to go get!

I'll give them this- they spent a long time trying to fix it, I don't know why they didn't just overplate the whole thing, or cut it off and patch something else in. If you've got time to make a mess like that, you could at least just cover it all up with some 1/4" flat plate and hope for the best. They certainly weren't trying to make it look nice.

AzIron

That crack went neglected for a long time before it ever came close to catastrophic in fact I bet the owner that tried to fix it bought it with the crack in it and thought nothing of and then bought a wire feed after it got ugly and thought nothing of fixing it everyone's a backhoe operator and everyone's a welder just ask them

crane operator

Boom cylinder is back from the hyd. shop for the Mack. The guys got it reinstalled today while I was out setting trusses. We had tried to pull the cylinder apart, leaving the barrel in the crane, but it was stuck, so we removed the whole cylinder from the crane and sent it to a bench. They said it was stuck pretty hard, and the paint shows it slipped in their bench pulling it apart, its got some pretty good cat claw scratches.

While the cylinder was down, I decided to pull the suspension apart. Center trunnion was worn, and I'm doing the rest while I'm there. I decided to just do one side at a time, it will mean a extra trip to get the other bushing pushed in, but I don't really want to have to line everything all up again if I pull both sides at the same time.

From what I understand, the u bolts on a camelback torque spec is "really tight". I'll have to dig out the torque multiplier.

20201202_142719.jpg 20201202_142714.jpg

Last edited:

crane operator

Had to do a little skating project. Luckily, they had a 10k telehandler at the jobsite, so I could use it for one end and skates under the other side and pushed them both in.

20201201_131804.jpg 20201201_131855.jpg

crane operator

Two cabins this morning. First one was great- 35' commons and vaults. Second one was a pain. One way pitch roof, 45' trusses with 1/2 of the truss being a 15" tall vaulted area. And of course they split all the boards in the truss at the joint. We didn't have to stiff back them, but I can't believe we didn't break any of them.

20201202_092311.jpg 20201202_092550.jpg 20201202_113728.jpg 20201202_113850.jpg

petepilot

Two cabins this morning. First one was great- 35' commons and vaults. Second one was a pain. One way pitch roof, 45' trusses with 1/2 of the truss being a 15" tall vaulted area. And of course they split all the boards in the truss at the joint. We didn't have to stiff back them, but I can't believe we didn't break any of them.

View attachment 229106 View attachment 229107 View attachment 229108 View attachment 229109
you do get into some interesting stuff

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
1600 lbs if they are the ones I am thinking of. 400lbs on the torque wrench across the multiplier, takes about half a day row boating to tighten ONE u-bolt it seems.