• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

John Griffin

My 90 ton's propensity for throwing codes has forced me into this. Its supposedly mostly only good for on road, which would cover my cranes. Supposed to be able to read all codes, clear, regen, cylinder cut out, show live data, etc-- but not rewrite ecm's like the full laptops.

It was used/ direct from the company, they offer free demo with return- and I think this is a return. New ones like this are $3,500 and the used one was $2,500. Its android based, so any apps from companies that are android based can be loaded onto it.

Came with OBDII and three other dongles. The little box hooks to the dongle, and the little box broadcasts bluetooth to the screen. Supposed to have about 30' range. My KW has the engine hook up in the engine bay, so this saves having to try to run a cable out the hood to the cab when trying to drive and real time view.

I just couldn't see the $10-12,000 for full texa or jpro for our limited use. But I'm hoping it can give us a direction to go if down while driving or set up on a jobsite.

View attachment 296155View attachment 296156View attachment 296157View attachment 296158

Let us know how this works out. I might be interested myself in one.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Well I looked it up, and it was built by a local expedition vehicle builder. Base price is $725,000, so I don't think I'm their target market.

I've seen some of their other vehicles rolling around town before.

Good friend of mine works for this local company outfitting Sprinter vans for a paltry sum of $200-300K +.

He takes the new builds that come out of QC then drives them 200-250 miles including
"off-road" areas. Any noise, discrepancy or item not found during initial round of QC is noted and fixed before being delivered to the customer.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
We were looking at expedition campers just before covid hit. A lot are built on the Fuso chassis that were not available at that time. Freight liner and KW both had chassis that would work for an expedition type camper. The body panels are distributed by an outfit out of Victoria BC as well as all the European style doors and windows. We decided to stick with the truck and camper for now

oarwhat

First U joints that I've bought that came in a box with no name on it, just a number. Machine shop in wisconsin had them, and I don't know if they are off Alibaba or what, but they look like the right thing.
Since you don't know where they came from I'd check the hardness of that u joint. Maybe just a tap with a hammer and compare it to the old ones. Many years ago our local shop called "universal joint sales" sold off brand u joints . They kept failing much sooner than expected. We finally did a tap test and man they were soft.

crane operator

Since you don't know where they came from I'd check the hardness of that u joint. Maybe just a tap with a hammer and compare it to the old ones. Many years ago our local shop called "universal joint sales" sold off brand u joints . They kept failing much sooner than expected. We finally did a tap test and man they were soft.
Old ones had factory paint on them, and it’s got 16,000 hours on it. They were sealed ujoints and they still had grease in them.

So the original ones were pretty good stuff.

crane operator

It was a monday all the way around this morning. Two different flatbed trucks refused to start. One needed a jump and the other had siphoned all the fuel from the fuel filter. One of the 40 ton's had a hole in the air compressor line from compressor to air dryer. It wouldn't build over 65 psi, so that line had to come off.

Braided stainless airline is evidently getting rare. My usual source here in town didn't have any. FleetPride has had it on order since april and didn't have any either. My hydraulic hose specialty shop had it and made me a new line.

The Bendix wheel sensors that were supposedly on their way from indiana for the 90 ton, well they aren't actually on their way. They are on a 70 day minimum backorder.

I think I've found 4 from another source, and they may be here by the end of the week. Lets hope they are the right ones.

Truck Shop

Old ones had factory paint on them, and it’s got 16,000 hours on it. They were sealed ujoints and they still had grease in them.

So the original ones were pretty good stuff.
Spicer makes a Value Line u-joint-no name-brand or packaging to distinguish. Made for other
markets.

Truck Shop

Braided stainless airline is evidently getting rare. My usual source here in town didn't have any. FleetPride has had it on order since april and didn't have any either. My hydraulic hose specialty shop had it and made me a new line.
Compressor lines premade by vin# are non existent.

Truck Shop

Good friend of mine works for this local company outfitting Sprinter vans for a paltry sum of $200-300K +.
My dentist bought one of those Sprinters-$248,000, It spent 4 weeks at Mercedes dealer having
the injection system fixed right after receiving it.

Truck Shop

And I saw a Kenworth badged one of those RSH's setting at a Very High End winery here in town.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My dentist bought one of those Sprinters-$248,000, It spent 4 weeks at Mercedes dealer having
the injection system fixed right after receiving it.
Brother bought a MB Nosed RSH in 2021, Nothing but issues, charging system, fuel system, finally traded back for a tongue type trailer and replaced his pickup.

crane operator

Compressor lines premade by vin# are non existent.
I was just looking for the line for one of my cranes, no one had the bare hose in stock to just crimp ends on. I don't think I've ever tried to get one by vin, it sends the parts people into a tizzy when I give out crane models for them to put into their parts system.

And thanks for the offer on the ABS connectors. We'll have to see what shows up.

I've also got a pantograph wiper arm I'm trying to get for my grove 40 ton. The books and websites just show length now, not dimensions of the end fittings. I've got one ordered, but I have no idea if its close to right either.

Its a fair weather crane only, until the arm shows up.

crane operator

CO, have you checked the PACCAR dealer at Joplin? I had the replacement for my KW made at EHC here at Columbia, by length.

I did get my stainless braided line made at Yarborogh in Springfield. They are the go to for Hyd. stuff for me, and they had the bare line and crimped on new fittings. Thanks for the help though.

crane operator

And I saw a Kenworth badged one of those RSH's setting at a Very High End winery here in town.
If they can afford one of those campers, they can afford the high end winery too. 3/4 of a million bucks is a lot of money driving around. I imagine the insurance isn't cheap either.

Get t boned by some meth head running around with no insurance, and your own insurance man would really squawk.

Truck Shop

Problem around here for awhile was just getting the discharge hose, no one had it so it was buy
one longer than need premade and reroute.

Truck Shop

If they can afford one of those campers, they can afford the high end winery too. 3/4 of a million bucks is a lot of money driving around. I imagine the insurance isn't cheap either.
It's not uncommon to see Two DB9 Austin's at a time, which I have seen at wineries.
Money was/is no object I suppose.