• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410G and 310SG

Fieldman12

Srs mm is correct on what the wobble sticks move on the Deeres. I don't have as much backhoe experience as some of you on here but I have been running an old Deere 410 for several years now off and on helping a buddy clean fields on some of his farms. It is a very tough machine. Personally I think the Case and Deere machines are the best. Sounds like Cat is coming up the lader quick though. They use to be a bunch of Case backhoes around but now mostly Deere. I have seen allot of New Hollands pop up in the past several years also and have many repeat New Holland/ Ford customers.

dug1016

You are very much mistaken.The J series has the valving right on each individual cylinder and ALL your controls are at your finger tips at the end of the arm rests.If you face forward you have the loader controls,rearward--the hoe.Those seem like major to me.

The EH valves are going on boom and arm only on TMC package hoes, not the standard J-Series. Same for the fingertip outrigger controls and the pilot controls integrated into the armrests. The TMC package should add about $10,000 to the price of a standard hoe.

Otherwise, standard J-Series hoes got new front and rear outboard planteary axles, new transmission, new monitor and new paint. Not really a clean sheet redesign, just a refreshening. You can still buy two lever, two lever Cat, Case, Ford and standard pilot control machines.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Fieldman12! :drinkup

Fieldman12

Thanks, for inviting me Countryboy. Actually I have been reading and learning here for a long time but have never posted. There is allot of good info on this webiste.:)

Countryboy

Occupation
Countryboy, I take it you like the Fendt tractors? Have you ever drove one?

Actually, no I haven't. I was looking for a good picture of a tractor to put in my avatar and this one was the best picture I found. They do look good although I'd rather be in a Deere. :D

What kinda interest you got in them Fendts?

On Edit: My mind is going bye-bye tonight :pointhead .......Thats a Claas tractor, not a Fendt. :cool2

Last edited:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
The EH valves are going on boom and arm only on TMC package hoes, not the standard J-Series. Same for the fingertip outrigger controls and the pilot controls integrated into the armrests. The TMC package should add about $10,000 to the price of a standard hoe.

Otherwise, standard J-Series hoes got new front and rear outboard planteary axles, new transmission, new monitor and new paint. Not really a clean sheet redesign, just a refreshening. You can still buy two lever, two lever Cat, Case, Ford and standard pilot control machines.

So like I originally said--major changes to the new J.

Duke

There's another nice upgrade: A new mini-joystick on the BH pilot control handle that lets you adjust the FEL while sitting in the backhoe position. Kinda looks like the mirror adjustment switch in my GMC Sierra with power mirrors.

That would be very useful for adjusting the loader while operating or creeping the backhoe while facing rearward on the machine.

dug1016

So like I originally said--major changes to the new J.

Well, I respectively disagree. I would call the Caterpillar E-Series a major redesign, since it doesn't "look" the same as their D-Series. It received a new backhoe dipperstick with a new E-Stick design, major changes throughout the cab, a whole new cab design, etc. Call it what you want.....:beatsme

case 580 CK

I think I have one that tops all you guys. My parents bought a 1969 case 580 CK many years ago to use on the dairy farm. Suffered a hard life pushing manure all the time and loading feed. My handy brother in law overhauled the engine 3 years ago and fixed the hydraulic leaks. It 3 levers to operate the hoe and foot pedels to sxing the boom. Used it today to dig to fill material for liitle projects around the farm. I really love to run it.

This is off topic but I couldn't find a good spot for it. In the next 2 weeks I will start work on a crew running scrapers. Anybody have tips on what to expect for a kid like me just starting out?

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF newbie! :drinkup

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I think I have one that tops all you guys. My parents bought a 1969 case 580 CK many years ago to use on the dairy farm. Suffered a hard life pushing manure all the time and loading feed. My handy brother in law overhauled the engine 3 years ago and fixed the hydraulic leaks. It 3 levers to operate the hoe and foot pedels to sxing the boom. Used it today to dig to fill material for liitle projects around the farm. I really love to run it.

This is off topic but I couldn't find a good spot for it. In the next 2 weeks I will start work on a crew running scrapers. Anybody have tips on what to expect for a kid like me just starting out?

No offense, but hard to believe the boss is going to put you on the seat of a scraper with no experience other than on a farm hoe.Well,for starters find a friendly face there on a seasoned scraper operator and pose the same question.Honesty usually won't hurt. Good luck.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator

Most of the scraper questions and comments have been posted in "Other Excavating Equipment", which can be found under, Heavy Equipment> Excavating Equipment. (But you'll need to have made five posts before you can start a thread there...)

John M

swing movement

I have a accu swing on my 310sg and must say it makes a huge difference in the swing play

ndbackpacker

Occupation
Oilfield Roustabout
I know this thread is old, but does anybody know what an accuswing is? Google seems to have a lot of golf results, but I couldn't find how it related to a backhoe.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
There's another nice upgrade: A new mini-joystick on the BH pilot control handle that lets you adjust the FEL while sitting in the backhoe position. Kinda looks like the mirror adjustment switch in my GMC Sierra with power mirrors.

That would be very useful for adjusting the loader while operating or creeping the backhoe while facing rearward on the machine.

We might not like or even use TMC here, but there is nothing wrong with creeping over soft soil with your backhoe pulling and your loader lifted up.:( Our older guys do it all the time, and if many of them didn't have wives and families, I think that they would marry the machine, or adopt their machine as a child.:cool2

I think that the J series has a few very good advances over the g series, and I think that everything is very reachable without having to adjust your seat all the time. When I get in the Cat, I have got miles out on either side, and it is quite annoying to drop the steering wheel all the time, or pull my seat around. there is also good shade in the cab of the JD, as is prevelant on most of their machines. The Cat cab seems very luxurios, but it is not cosy and inviting like the JD, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I know this thread is old, but does anybody know what an accuswing is? Google seems to have a lot of golf results, but I couldn't find how it related to a backhoe.

Well,being the owner of a 410G,I would dare venture that it derives from accumulation--or more simply put--a hydraulically cushioned stop at the swing limit.I once had an old 3820 Cornbinder with accumulation valves that always seemed to need adjustment.Must be the same thing.

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
I think Case had somethan like that to. The L2 would always slow down on the swing the last few inches all the way to the sides. I never liked how it did that. Im not sure but it sounds like what your talking about?