• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410G and 310SG

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
has anyone seen the pics for the new 410H. the improvements are incredible.
first the hydraulic valves are all mounted on the cylinders. sencond the cab in unreal. complete comfort. they are making 3 different types or controls wobble stick, the pilot controls out today and a new design where the two backhoe controls are mounted on the operators seat. awesome idea. but heres the coll thing when you swing around to operate the loader the right hand control becomes the loader control. and on the back of each control there is a thumb wheel which will take the place of the extend a hoe valve on the floor and it also could be used for a 4 in 1 bucket or any other attachment. they also have a switch in the cab to change the control pattern. the control for the outriggers are right at your fingers. just a well planed out cab. they were also asking people who were sitting in it what they liked and didnt like.!!!

more info on the control valves at
http://www.machinedesign.com/ASP/vi...14&strSite=MDSite&Screen=CURRENTISSUE&CatID=3

The TMC hydraulics are amazing and extremely smooth, I must say that the "H" hydraulics seem even smoother than its predecessor.

Last edited:

ncbschzzt

Occupation
I know this thread is old, but does anybody know what an accuswing is? Google seems to have a lot of golf results, but I couldn't find how it related to a backhoe.

Accuswing valve keeps the boom from drifting while swinging and then letting go of the stick. G's were infamous for tail swag, this will help elevate that problem. Takes about .75hr to install, it is a remotely mounted valve that has a couple of hoses and thats pretty much it. Have to drill two holes to.

ndbackpacker

Occupation
Oilfield Roustabout
I'll look for an extra looking thing on the hoes at work tomorrow. They don't seem to have any problem with swing accuracy, so I found the complaints in this thread interesting.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
I'll look for an extra looking thing on the hoes at work tomorrow. They don't seem to have any problem with swing accuracy, so I found the complaints in this thread interesting.

my spelling was horrible, accuswing will take away from the boom drifting while metering the hydraulics also.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I don't believe my 410G behaves like that ncbschzzt. If the machine is tilted some,the boom will slowly swing to the low side if you don't touch the stick and I do have a little creep in the boom cylinder but really not a big deal.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
I didn't mean boom cylinder I meant swing cylinders and you may have a swing cylinder bypassing. Also an accuswing valve can keep the boom from drifting to the low side as well. If your not happy with your swing function I would just purchase the valve and install it your self. It is real easy, just need to drill two holes and install some hoses.