• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jcb 212s won't start

Dsiss3

Figured the fuel issue out was the filter just had some trouble with a air leak and couldn't get tank to pick up in sediment bowl. Now after testing the starter I know it's time for one. over the Internet what's my best option? Or should I get this one rebuilt? Best way to take it out? Do you have to drain hrydrulic fluid? Thanks

barnbuilder

I bought one off EBay. Worked great. I think I would just have it rebuilt. Hope you have some double jointed arms. It's a pita.

Dsiss3

Yea any tricks on gettin it out. Through the bottom or out the side motor skirt

Dsiss3

Got my new starter in and decided after all I heard to not do it myself and called my diesel/hrydrulic guy and was surprised when he called 1 1/2 hours later saying it was done. All he had to do was remove fuel filter housing and trans dip stick. I was beyond amazed. Best 75 bucks I ever spent. Machine started right up on first cranks and my machine is running and staring better then ever. Thanks to anybody that responded to this posting