• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IUOE, what is full journeyman wage in your area?

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
im thinking local 103 is around 28-29.. not really sure been a while since ive worked on dirt.. pipeline is where i find my home and its normally 35+ ish just depends on where your at.. our job in lousiana is gonna pay 36/h this year.. 14 months of pipeline work.. and the small company i work for loves the hours.. from july 9th of 07 thru dec 14th of 07 we didnt have a single day off.. and averaged 100 hrs a week.. never did we do less then 90.. some times it was more then 100 one week i know we got in 168 hrs.. yeah do the math. around the clock for 7 days straigh.. did i mention one of those days was thanksgiving.. so double time..baby..damn shame pipeline doesnt have tripple time in there contract.. i cant bitch.. i make decent money plus get a truck allowance and fuel paid for.. so its a good gig for now.. few more years and im gonna start my own deal.

payton

Turbo21835

^ With hours and pay like that i would be retired in a few years. You guys woulndt be looking for help would you? I dont mind traveling, and love hours and hours and hours of work

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
as of right now no.. hours are slow still fighting with ferc permits and land rights some owners are trying to get top dollar for damn swamp land.. and well lets be honest its swamp land not worth much but there trying to fight the price so were slow right now but will hit it hard hopefully by may 1st. then its suppose to be 14 months non stop.. will suck majorly not being around my wife and kids but in the long run when i do get to come back home the house and all the bills will be taken care of.. then i can start saving to purchase some of my own equipment and get my own thing going so i can live a normal life at home.

CheeseHead

Sewer/Water/Tunnel = $28+
Dirt = $30+
Heavy/Highway= $31+
Great Lakes Float = $28+
Crane Dept. = $35+
Fiber Optic/Cable = $25+
Pipeliners - $29+
Live Better, Work Union

:usa

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
You guys are just talking simple hourly wages.With the full benefit package,it costs a contractor in NY over $500 a day for an operator.

DrWalker450

Occupation
Oiler and apprentice.
down here in the local 450 my operator on pipeline is makin bout 33 on 980h wheel loaders im an oiler makin bout 20 .. mobile cranes makin around 40 for 2008 liebherr 500 ton ...plus truck pay pus per diem plus all the wonderful union benifits...im a 1st year apprentice here in the 450 and its the best decision ive ever made

KevD815

Here in Connecticut its roughly $28-$34ish depending on what you're runnin'. I think theres a pay bump coming next year too.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
$41.86 for Local 138 on a telehandler or my Lull then add another 76% 0f that for fringes which is 31.81 = 73.68 :eek: Then you get 8 hours at straight time and 1/2 grease time at 2X so it is really like 9 straight hours a day.:pointhead Then paid rain or shine and a ton of holidays which are double time.:Banghead

Last edited:

hicrop10

Occupation
Contractor(earthmover)
Here in SE PA the rate for a union man is about 40.00 an hour with cranes work alittle more.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
$40 and change as of the 5th of this month.
I clear out on a 980 loader for Rees's Enterprise in the morning. :cool:

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
our operators get paid in chickens and free back issues of the local paper....:drinkup