• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ih td9

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Hello everyone,

Can anybody tell me what year this TD9 is? The serial number is TDGB 40419. I'm trying to get my hands on it... And what does it weigh approximately? Can I tow it safely with my 3500 Dodge dually with a 20K lb gooseneck trailer? I would take the blade off to get the width down some too... If need be I would get the tractor and then haul the blade and C frame in a seperate trip. The machine hasn't run in a long time, but from the brief look I gave it, it shouldn't take much to get it going... Video I made can be found here: http://youtu.be/SnOZbz6ORXk

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_2712 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2712 (Small).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 996
  • DSC_2715 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2715 (Small).JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1,515
  • DSC_2725 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2725 (Small).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,133
  • DSC_2728 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2728 (Small).JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 902

D3DaveC

It's under 1956 or 57 as that TD9 looks like the old style, next was the TD91 when they used a taller radiator to keep from cracking heads and they also raised the operator platform. You would pull it no problem with your truck.

250c

You might try the guys over at redpower.com. I think they posted a serial number list in the construction forumn

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
My father brought one brand new in 1954 4 pot petrol start warm the main up change over to diesel about 55 hp I think weighs 7/8 ton.He did a huge amount of work with it developing the farm with it. The next model was better with the 6 cylinder motor.
Cheers Will