1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ih td9

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by spitzair, Apr 25, 2012.

1. spitzair

spitzair Senior Member

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
    Hello everyone,

Can anybody tell me what year this TD9 is? The serial number is TDGB 40419. I'm trying to get my hands on it... And what does it weigh approximately? Can I tow it safely with my 3500 Dodge dually with a 20K lb gooseneck trailer? I would take the blade off to get the width down some too... If need be I would get the tractor and then haul the blade and C frame in a seperate trip. The machine hasn't run in a long time, but from the brief look I gave it, it shouldn't take much to get it going... Video I made can be found here: http://youtu.be/SnOZbz6ORXk

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Deere500a

Deere500a Well-Known Member

3. D3DaveC

D3DaveC Well-Known Member

It's under 1956 or 57 as that TD9 looks like the old style, next was the TD91 when they used a taller radiator to keep from cracking heads and they also raised the operator platform. You would pull it no problem with your truck.

4. RDG

RDG Senior Member

Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
    That looks like a TD 9/ 90 SERIES.

5. 250c

250c Well-Known Member

You might try the guys over at redpower.com. I think they posted a serial number list in the construction forumn

6. willd8r

willd8r Well-Known Member

dozer operator Cat D11R
    My father brought one brand new in 1954 4 pot petrol start warm the main up change over to diesel about 55 hp I think weighs 7/8 ton.He did a huge amount of work with it developing the farm with it. The next model was better with the 6 cylinder motor.
    Cheers Will

7. td9clyde

td9clyde Well-Known Member

Owner operator
    it is the some where around 51 to 55 i have a 50

8. spitzair

spitzair Senior Member

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
    Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what kinda deal I can work out, if any... 250c, I can't log into my redpower account for some reason, haven't been able to for quite some time now too...