• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flange on rollers

JEVANS

Yeah, nothing easy about wrestling those heavy pigs around. I do infact have a broken bolt right now in one of them I gotta deal with now. No, no rock guards on this ol girl, and like I said earlier, its nice having the 594 available to lift the 583. I can lift it and lower it as easy as pulling the joy stick. In Fact it can lift the 583 from the opposite side boomed way out with ease. But without it, it would be a whole other story!IMG_9210.jpeg71919133166__9695F052-BAB1-4393-BB10-38409AB9EF5A.jpeg

JEVANS

I lift it up, enough so my impact can fit in there, remove 2 bolts on each, and loosen the other 2. (One on each side)
Set it back down and remove the bolts and then back up, high enough to clear the rollers, then I just yarded them out by brute force, lol. I used a skid steer to set them back up on the track and basically reverse the process, lower it back down until the bolts reach. (After cleaning and prepping everything first obviously)

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There is a nifty tool that you can fab up. Looks like a 2-pronged fork with a lifting eye close to the roller and a long handle on the other side of the eye with a T-bar on the end. You can then walk the roller into place. The only downside is that it is a 2-man job. The illustration below is not that clear but it should give you the idea.

1697640755323.png

JEVANS

Got that ugly broke off beeyotch outta there! It was a undertaking but its out. It broke at a goofy angle plus the threads were all mangled for the first few. Just put a steel sleeve in the hole after using a burr to clean and prep everything, and filled it up with 7018, about an inch deep, then a 7/8 washer and Nut. Then let it cool down. Then heated it until it confessed to being a pain in my azz. It actually came out not “too” terribly bad. Ie: still a 30” ratchet, squirty oil and a tiny bit of praying.

Check Break

Got that ugly broke off beeyotch outta there! It was a undertaking but its out. It broke at a goofy angle plus the threads were all mangled for the first few. Just put a steel sleeve in the hole after using a burr to clean and prep everything, and filled it up with 7018, about an inch deep, then a 7/8 washer and Nut. Then let it cool down. Then heated it until it confessed to being a pain in my azz. It actually came out not “too” terribly bad. Ie: still a 30” ratchet, squirty oil and a tiny bit of praying.
Good deal. She's a good looking machine.

nicky 68a

D8 and D9 conventional bottom rollers are the monsters of nightmares,aswell as D8 transmission belly guards and sump removal in D342’s.I actually think D353 sumps are easier.