• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis FD20 (who owns or runs one?)

td25c

My fiat-allis 16b uses the berco undercarrige.No trouble getting parts that I know of but they can get expensive depending on what you need.Hear are a few pics from yesterday for the fiat-allis boy's.I was mixing up some topsoil on a new homesite.

Attachments

• top soil 002.jpg
    top soil 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,360
  • top soil 006.jpg
    top soil 006.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,499
  • top soil 008.jpg
    top soil 008.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,435

sgebbie

Occupation
dairy farmer
I am looking for used tracks for my Fiat Allis FD20...anyone got any ideas or heard of
someone selling used parts for this machine? I am in Vermont. Thanks for any help you can give me. I use the FD20 for clearing land on my farm and it's done a pretty good job so far and saved me from hiring this all out to someone else.

northwest41

Parts for the FD20 are not that easy to find as there is almost no numbers of equipment out there to support anyone having parts on hand, think about how many HD16's there are vs the FD20.

Parts are available though through companies like MinParr in Chicago they have a fairly large inventory on hand as well for those in Canada you may try Barger Equipment in Edmonton, ask for Jim he has been around Allis and Fiat construction stuff all his life and is really good at sourcing.

td25c

Thanks for jogging my memory northwest41.I forgot about MinParr.I wounder if the fd20 track is the same as the 16b track?

jakesdad

Sgebbie , I know where you maybe might find some tracks. It is located in canada MB in the city of Winnepeg. There is big salvage yard there. But I will have to get back to you with a number. Don't have it handy right now.

sgebbie

Occupation
dairy farmer
To "25c" et al: thanks for the names and numbers. I'll let you know how I make out.

harpo

I'm new to the dozer wolrd but have worked on many tractors. I am looking at a Fiat Allis FD9 that has a blown engine and have tried Chartrand equipment and some others for a engine so i can determine what cost might be to repair. I want to fix this one up and use on my parents farm to clear some fields. Any help on Fiat allis motors for FD9 would be appreciated

Thansk
jim

td25c

Welcome harpo,I am not familiar with the FD9 engine as I have only worked with the 844 cubic inch Fiat-allis engine that was in my 16B dozer.The dozer engines are about the same as a farm tractor.Do you know what happend or is wrong with the FD9 engine?My rule is if there is major crankshaft damage,say spun main bearings & broken crankshafts ,I look for a replacement engine.

Last edited:

fiatallisguy

hi there
I never did get to run a fd 20, but my dad had a couple, he said he was never so glad to see a dozer go. he had all kinds of fiat dozers and still has a 21c and some fd 30s, he had 16b's and always really liked them, but the 20's were the worst dozers fiat made in his opinion. would not stay together.

JSlo

Hi everyone. Just found this site and literally signed up 5 minutes ago. I'm in a bind. I have an 83 FD-20 broke down. Apparently a fan blade broke tonight and I've got a crew in Northern BC with their thumbs up you no where. I am located just North of Calgary Alberta.

I am going to try Barger first thing in the morning....hopefully they are open Saturdays.

Can anyone recommend a distributor in Calgary or Prince George BC? Or can anyone confirm the Barger is open Saturday and likely to have a fan in stock? if that is the case I'll leave early in the morning and go get one and ship it to Prince George.

On another note.....great site and tons of useful info. I plan to visit regularly for ideas.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
If it has metal blades on the fan you can grind the rivets of and remove the blade opposite to the broken one. It's not the best fix but it will get your tractor working. Did that to a FL545 years ago and ran it for 3mths until a new fan arrived.:D

JSlo

Its broken off and jagged. Anyone know how to tell if it's a part compatible with any other engine? I'm at a equipment scrap yard right now looking.