• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite phrases you use

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Said of a worthless hand;
"He may be slow, but he sure is sloppy."

Said of a slow hand who probably is worthless
"You have to drive a stake to measure his progress."

Said of a very good hand;
"He's a fire and forget missile." Give him a job, you don't hear from him until it's done, faster than you thought. And, he tells you how he improved your idea and save money to boot. (Think I'll keep that one around a bit longer....)

dirty4fun

My father used to say "he could worked all day in a hand basket" meaning never got much done.

When something went wrong it was It went to hell in a hand basket.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I walked into a welding shop run by a crusty old guy with my dad one time just when the old man walked out the door and threw a piece of steel down into the swamp and told his customer in no uncertain terms if the f-ing thing isn't worth $5 bucks it's not worth anything and politely said hello what can I do for you today to my dad and myself . I have used that same logic many times since, though more politely

Last edited:

crewchief888

thats gonna leave a mark....
are ya drunk, stoned or just stupid?

once while i was sitting in my service truck on the phone with my boss during an ice/sleet storm...
"thats gonna start hurting & bleeding as soon as my hand thaws out"

it did, as i watched blood trickling down onto my paperwork...

:eek:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
'Not the sharpest tool in the shed', 'if he had half a brain he'd be dangerous', 'Question, did your folks have any kids that lived?', 'Bad waste of good air'.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
That would drive an old mare to bite her colt.
Purdier than a new born Hereford calf.