• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Elk river timber

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
HDX,Hayes in picture #46 and in #54 has twin air cleaners. Was this a V8? Pic.07 shows a V12,there is my answer.

Last edited:

HDX

Blk prince They all came with 6-110 GM inline 6 cyl engines That shot of #14 sure does speak volumes for those HD Hayes Trucks 47-40 rears and 14:00x24 tires Just look at that narrow rad and then how wide the back tires were. These trucks were just as wide as an HDX back there!!! It is 11 feet across the rear tires outside to outside Same as an HDX or a P16 Pacific. We actually have that truck and are still scrounging parts to do her up. Marco Bernar from town here rebuilt the injectors for us and we start her up from time to time. Sure does sound neat. Can only imagine what driving them was like with a good jag on her and a little adverse.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Lima shovel in the first photo?

Go back one page , I posted several good pictures of a Lima loader my friend Ray Livingston ran for ERT , he tells me they had two of them . Ray ran it in the late 1950's for ERT when the Industry was switching from tongs to grapples .

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Go back one page , I posted several good pictures of a Lima loader my friend Ray Livingston ran for ERT , he tells me they had two of them . Ray ran it in the late 1950's for ERT when the Industry was switching from tongs to grapples .

Thanks!

Forgot about them, and the awesome truck photos as well.

HDX

Ed Masters found these pictures for us. First ones show Tom and Edith Grant just after he inherited #26 from Tom Masters.
Tom Grant took the picture of the hood looking down at an empty coming up.
IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0552.JPG

HDX

Have a couple more pictures to revive this post. Was thinking of posting the entire rebuild of ERT #26 but it will be a long slow job. lots of scanning