• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump truck help

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
In BC you can use a translator to go with you to the driving test. I don’t know how you can have a commercial license if you can’t read the language. Possibly you don’t need to read a weighbill if you haul dirt or gravel but you certainly do to read the overpass heights. The problem is the same license applies to all trucking, not just dirt haulers. Dirt today, machines tomorrow and oversized next week.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
In BC you can use a translator to go with you to the driving test. I don’t know how you can have a commercial license if you can’t read the language. Possibly you don’t need to read a weighbill if you haul dirt or gravel but you certainly do to read the overpass heights. The problem is the same license applies to all trucking, not just dirt haulers. Dirt today, machines tomorrow and oversized next week.
Nearest city Rutland is where Cassella the biggest trash hauler & excavation company over a big area in VT & other states. Many of their drivers are not functionally literate. I've seen several enter the testing facility with people who can read & talk prospective drivers through it.
Cassella has a big turnover in drivers, so they have to train CDL drivers after they hire them.