• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Don't Hate me Because I purchased a New Holland Backhoe :)

goel

Hi All,

New to the forum and just purchased a what seems to be a good used New Holland LB110.

It's a 2001 with 5500 hours, but has been a 1 owner machine that's been well maintained from what I see. The old owner traded it in on a new machine, and the dealer is just down the street from me. The old owner, of course let a few things laps as he planned on trading it in.

Now, I am from the great white north and most of the use will be snow related, with some summer work.

I got a good deal on it, sold used - as is, where is and it had a few issues which lead to the good deal.

Back work lights did not work, so we installed the missing fuse.
Fuel gauge was not working, so we hooked up the wire.
Heat did not blow out of the vents when turned on, so we hooked up the back of the temperature dial.
4 Ways and brake lights do not work, but seems like it's just a ground and maybe a flasher - we will get to it tomorrow. We can always run new wire for these if needed.
Hoe latch does not lift high enough to release from the cab

All pretty simple stuff so far

Just have to figure out how to make it drive on the road faster and we are all good it seems.

Any big known issues that other NH users have had?

Bala

I had an LB90 for 12 months to look after, considering it lack of maintenance and abuse it was still going well. it had been overheated many times but still went well.

If the extenda hoe is the same i would check the bushings, the 90 bushes had all gone and it had destroyed the mounts for them. Otherwise apart from the cylinder seal kits not fitting It served well.

goel

Yes I agree, according to the specks. I believe mine might be governed because its only hitting 25 kilometres per hour right now. Just something else to look into.

robin yates uk

Yes I agree, according to the specks. I believe mine might be governed because its only hitting 25 kilometres per hour right now. Just something else to look into.

Check the transmission oil, if the wrong grade was used this will affect the performance.

Gambler

I have a NewHolland 575E Good machine flat o-ring fittings Grr hard to find unless you have a good dealer theres a screen in the fuel pump keep it clean and you have power

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
Don't mean to be bragging but I have a 2006 580 super m series 2, and I got a radar and one of my friends to point it at the machine while I would drive by the radar, and when I did the radar said I was going 50 km/h legit. That's pretty fast if you ask me, no other backhoe could ever go that fast-cat,deere new holland terex, even those jcbs too.

case will always be a backhoe leader I don't care what anyone else thinks or says. I speak the truth

always a leader, never a follower

robin yates uk

Don't mean to be bragging but I have a 2006 580 super m series 2, and I got a radar and one of my friends to point it at the machine while I would drive by the radar, and when I did the radar said I was going 50 km/h legit. That's pretty fast if you ask me, no other backhoe could ever go that fast-cat,deere new holland terex, even those jcbs too.

case will always be a backhoe leader I don't care what anyone else thinks or says. I speak the truth

Case spec for your machine says 41kph forward, 49,6kph reverse

Bala

The OP did not try to start a which brand is best thread, he simply asked about the NH he has purchased!!

goel

Always love the "mine is bigger than yours posts".

I wonder what the ticket is for using a slow moving sign (under 40 kilometers per hour by law here using the sign) and driving 50 kilometers per hour, if it does drive that fast. Not saying it does not, but usually almost 20 percent faster than specs is a stretch.

Flasher replaced (darn NH prices - $44 bucks including taxes) and the 4 ways and signals now work.

Increased speed to specs, very high tech problem was resolved. We removed the bolt/governor from under the gas pedal.

case 580sm

Occupation
your right Bala I shouldnt have posted something off topic about this thread, and put in my opinion. And ya robin yates uk- it may say that for the machine that I own,-41 km/h forward 49.6 km/h reverse but it does go faster then that, I know what I saw on the radar, and I know its one of the best ones you can buy on the market- that radar doesn't lie.

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
Case 580SM, Your tractor has the same engine, trans, axles and pilot controls, if equipped, as a New Holland of the same year. Same company CNH so a lot of the parts are alike.

Goel, That the other fellow is right about the hoses.They can be costly, your best bet is to start calling around to see who can make up those flat face metric hoses.
Around here I have a place and they about 2/3 the cost of NH. Some of the early models hoses start to deteriorate on the outer covering,they start to unwrap. If I have a hose starting to leak I replace it as soon as I can rather than waiting for it to blow. Wix has hyd. and engine oil filters. N.H. machines are known for their hyd. power they are pretty strong, but not as fast as some others I.M.O. .Good Luck, Mudober

case 580sm

Occupation
yes mudober, I know that NH, and Case are the same thing because Case owns NH. Thats a good thing too, because there almost the same machine.

Revicm

Occupation
Contractor

No need to brag because there is nothing to brag about.:rolleyes:

case 580sm

Occupation
Exactly, now lets continue this thread shall we, I've posted enough I think lol. How's the new backhoe working out for ya goel?

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Before it was new holland it was ford, and they made a very respectable unit, I'd take a 555e against anything in its class & time frame. Very strong units!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Don't Hate me Because I purchased a New Holland Backhoe :)

I won't. I am actually a Bobcat fan, having owned them for 15+ years with all satisfaction and cussing that comes along with owning a Bobcat, sometimes simultaneously.:rolleyes:

woodfirst

yes mudober, I know that NH, and Case are the same thing because Case owns NH. Thats a good thing too, because there almost the same machine.

Actually, technically New Holland owns Case. Fiat, which originally owned New Holland purchased Case and formed CNH(Case New Holland).