• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 200D LC setting aux pressure

terex herder

I have a 200D with factory aux hydraulics. I found a used Rockland thumb. Rockland wants the aux pressure set at 2500psi. Would someone tell me where to measure the pressure and where to adjust it?

HTRN

We have a 200d in our fleet, I cant tell you off hand, but If you dont get an answer tonight/tomorrow, I'll check and get you some info when im at work and post tomorrow evening

HTRN

you can adjust pressures through the display screen. With key off push/hold one of the unmarked buttons on the panel * its one of the two on the right, cant remember which because the machine isn't in the yard* turn the key on and it should be in "service mode" then scroll through the options and one should be for pressures for tools I.E. thumb, hammer, etc. If you still cant get it, I'll have to wait til the machine comes back from rent to give you a step by step.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The machine may not have circuit reliefs installed for the auxiliary function. Usually there will be some kind of cartridge screwed into the valve section that might have an open screw slot showing with a lock nut around it. You can install a gauge wherever you see a dead head plug on the outlet line from the pump.

Tractorguy

On all the “d” series machine we installed and “g” as well the pressures were adjusted manually turning screws around auxiliary spools. Just make sure not to set it over machine pressure because you want thumb to give to bucket to prevent damage down the road.

terex herder

I had the Deere dealer have a mechanic stop by when he was in the area. The mechanic stopped in today and looked the machine over. This machine has factory aux, so there are relief valves on both sides of the valve. It is the second spool from the front, just follow the lines from the boom to see where they go. The left side of the boom is on top. The bottom of the valve stack is accessed through a cover on the bottom of the house.

I don't know which buttons the mechanic used, but the display will read system pressure while operating. This allows setting the relief pressures without breaking a line for a gauge.

The only problem the mechanic found is the rear pump hammers a little bit when he boomed up against the cylinder stops in the h/p mode at full throttle. He thought it will need new barrels and swash plates sometime in the future.

The machine does need pin bushings in the end of the stick. Does anyone have aftermarket suggestions, or should I stick with Deere bushings?

Wilson892

Go to JD parts online look up the parts you need for end of stick. Google the part numbers and you'll find lots of aftermarket suppliers. I got the parts for the 892 out of a place in Texas but lots of others on amazon and individual websites.

John

We just muddled our way through this procedure on a 2009 Deere 270D. We added a Paladin CP thumb, and our machine was already plumbed from the factory and had relief valves. Here is how we did it, with no instructions aside from this thread.

To view the pressure to the aux lines:
1. With key off, press and hold the top right button on the display and turn key on. This makes the service menu available.
2. Go to Service menu
3. Select Monitoring
4. Scroll down to "Pump 2 Delivery Pressure". This will show the Aux line pressure while you're bottoming out the thumb cylinder. Adjust both the extend and retract relief valves until you get 2500psi each way. You cannot adjust pressure from the screen. You must adjust the relief valves manually on the valve body. (engine at WOT in H/P mode)

(edit: 2500 psi is approximately 17.2 MPa)

Last edited:

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
If that pump is hammering now. Then do not wait until down the road unless you want an expensive surprise of cleaning the entire hydraulic system. The filters will not catch all of the brass in the system. If there is a catastrophic pump failure the chance of repeat failure will more than triple.

Ne farmer

Hi. This is my first post. recently bought a 2010 200D with aux hyd buttons on the stick. I put on a tag bucket and thumb. but I haven't set the relief pressure to 1850 like the tag instructions say. I followed the suggestions in a post above and found in the monitor where to read pump 2 delivery psi. So I followed the hyd line to the hyd block and adjusted the relief valve that I thought would be the one but the pump 2 delivery read out on the monitor didn't change. if I push and hold one button it reads 27mpa and the other button reads 34mpa. I have the shut off valves on each side of the stick closed so I don't damage thumb or cylinder. Any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I followed the hyd line to the hyd block and adjusted the relief valve

Make sure the reliefs you are adjusting are located in the ports shown below. It is approximately 5 MPa (770 psi) change per 1/4 turn.

200DLC Aux Ports.png

Ne farmer

I adjusted the relief on the top side of block the other day. And didn't see a change in delivery pressure. But I didn't adjust the bottom one. Also I have the shut offs at the end of the stick closed. Do I need them open and actually move the thumb to set the pressure.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
No, they do not need to be open. Keeping them closed is how I check the Aux reliefs.