• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar technicians needed

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
Industrial services company director
hello people,
we are looking for short term CAT techs that are willing to work 3 to 10 weeks in Curacao (the Caribbean) .
minimum requirements are:
-5 years formal experience on cat heavy equipment .
-Cat certifications in at least 03 engines and hydraulics diagnostics
-No older than 60 years old, no younger than 25.

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Why no younger than 25? We have a mechanic on permanent hire from the local Komatsu dealer who's been working for them since he was 13 (sweeping floors etc). He was fully licensed the same day he graduated high school and knows more about scrapers than the Finning boys (biggest Cat dealer network in the world). Oh and he's 23.

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
OK
the 25 yo requirement was based on normal education programs, so if he is older than 23 and has all certifications then I see no problem

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
3 to 10 weeks, doubt you would get a Cat tech to pack his bags for such a short period.

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
well, 3 month is a basic testing periods, if the person likes it (the work and the area) then we will provide for a one year contract so at the end he will have a solid job for a minimum of 15 months ....regarding the vacation, well, it can be a partial time vacation, we normally work from 7:15 am to 4:00 pm M to Sat and some times we don't work Saturdays.
We work on : Dozer , Compactors, Generators, and excavators, we are a small shop that services government agencies and companies on hi tech power , transportation and heavy equipment.

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
90% of the work is miner; calibrations , gasket and seals replacements, hoses, some general diag. and repairs,and also general services, we eventually have engines overhauls and other more challenging operations,

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
CAT is one of our necessities , if they have other abilities please let us know if they are interested .....
regards

Per Eriksson

Working more hours in a week and then next week off type setup is nothing you do?
What kind of pay can one expect?

Lee-online

We have done this type of thing before. When we were slow we sent some mechanics to Alaska for a few months to a year. This helped us because we were slow and them because they needed the help.

We are way too busy now and i could never get approved to leave.

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
Working more hours in a week and then next week off type setup is nothing you do?
What kind of pay can one expect?

yes we do that one on and X off, but it becomes a bit expensive if you are planning to go back to the USA every week , regarding salaries.....well, it all depends on your skill level and the amount of hours you actually work, now the average of this salaries are 2500-3000 (44 hours/week) usd for a full mechanic keep in mind that here minimum salary is 241 usd/month (44.h/week)
the good side is that with 1000 usd a month you cover all expences (including happy hours!!!)

Cat Lover

Hello, first could you please give me more details about the salary package?
second, i have 6 years experience and i'm bachelor degree in engineering holder
certified from one of caterpillar dealers
but my main experience is in generator sets of all caterpillar type
and i work in a very reputable known worldwide company
my age is 29y
is that all accepted?

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
well; it is not our policy to provide figures on the forum, please send a private msg with your contact data and we will contact you with basic info

regards

ESTRONCIUM

Occupation
Click on the log in name "estroncium" and select send an E-mail

Cat Lover

I tried what you said, but i was told that i can't do that because my account is waiting activation, anyway; if it is possible we can communicate through my private e-mail : eng.slama@yahoo.com

Thanks for you cooperation

jberens

If you want to stay stateside, Ohio CAT is hiring for about 40 technician positions! http://candidate.ohiocat.com
Qualified candidates will have:
• Heavy equipment service experience, preferably with CAT equipment (but not required)
• Superior mechanical skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong computer skills
• A High School Diploma or GED
• Their own tools and safe work habits are a must! “Safely Home, Everyone, Everyday“

http://candidate.ohiocat.com - APPLY NOW!!!!