1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat MM55SR excavator

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by Fred, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Fred

Fred Active Member

G'day all
    A local contractor in town has purchased a MM55SR painted up in Cat colours, but I think it may be a Mitsubishi, either way it is a grey import as E1G00xx prefix doesn’t come up as a good serial # with Cat dealer. My mate needs to find a few parts, his biggest problem is that the hyd don’t work when levers are used, but if you move control valve direct they with work. The electronic hand control system seems to be the problem, anyone had any experience with these machines or this problem?:confused:

thanks in advance

2. nork69

nork69 New Member

Part request mm55sr

Is there a way to find part for this excavator? In usa or canada?? Nachi Hydraulic pump ? ? If someone know something please help us me and Fred. Thanks:notworthy

3. gpap123

gpap123 Well-Known Member

Civil Engineer - Contructor
    A friend of me who owns a mitsubishi 5 ton excavator here in my country, replaced the electronic hand control to usual hydraulic controls because he could not find any parts. Of course he paid enough money...
    I also have a c a t graymm and the only way to find parts is to use serials from cat catalogue.
    So, you have to find out the similar to yours cat machine and match the parts serial. But this is also riski because serials do not always fit to the gray machines.

4. cutting edge

cutting edge Senior Member

That is a rebranded mitsubishi...as for the problem,is there a bad switch in the pilot enable lever perhaps?

5. cutting edge

cutting edge Senior Member

Ive seen that brand on smaller deere and hitachi excavators,mostly on valving though.

6. farmer550

farmer550 New Member

Hi I have the same problem with my 55. The rams operated by the electrics keep cutting out. Did you ever find a solution.

7. gggraham

gggraham Senior Member

Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
    Does anyone know where you can get parts for an MM55SR? Cat is no help and have not been able to find any parts. I'd love to have any service info anyone has. I have a schematic for the MM55SR if anyone needs it.

8. eclipse1290

eclipse1290 Member

Have you tried Maxis corp. Maxis.jp they are in Japan but have been helpful with my MM30SR

9. gggraham

gggraham Senior Member

No parts needed so far, joysticks stopped working but soldered a new ground on computer and all is well.

10. wayneo

wayneo Member

I own a mm40sr and i have the same problem
    have found another thread on "mm30sr" full of people withthe same issues. as far as i can tell they are very simmilar electronicly. I have some error code sheets for these machines but am still at a loss for parts or help.

11. gggraham

gggraham Senior Member

Wayne I'd be interested in the code sheets if you can send them. I have schematics if you'd like them.

12. wayneo

wayneo Member

that would be great. send me your email eddress i will forward them to you. & i would be very greatfull to know more about were to solder a new earth wire to on the circuit board. a photo or instruction on the process would be fantastic.

13. wayneo

wayneo Member

my direct email address is kwfitzgerald@bigpond.com happy to help anyone who needs the info & code sheets i have.

14. danielddp

danielddp New Member

Mm55sr

Can you send me the schematic foor the MM55SR. I have a problem with my machine

15. tmat

tmat New Member

MM55SR Controller Retrofit kit

We have been supplying controller replacement kits for the MM55SR since 2009. The controller is a non-computer based box, converting the Mitsubishi joystick signals, matched to control the proportional valves. The retrofit is simple, basically bypassing the old loom and using only the existing valve and joystick connections. Please contact me info@imdynamics.com.au for details

Attached Files:

16. Tiaro excavatio

Tiaro excavatio New Member

Steve here wanting to purchase mm55sr controller kit can I have contact number for you please

17. PeterV

PeterV Member

Graham any chance i could get a copy of the schematic? I have the same problem with a MM55SR that the joystick controls wont work.

18. deepsouthcc

deepsouthcc New Member

Graham, we would very much appreciate a copy of an electrical schematic for the mm55sr if you can help thanks.

deep southcc

19. 2pitbulls

2pitbulls New Member

I know this is old but I have the same problem , where did you find a broken ground ?

20. kevin bordwell

kevin bordwell New Member

mm55sr controller retrofit kit, help!!!

glad i finally found other people with the same problem, can you email me with a price and availability to the U.S. thanks kevin.