• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat MM55SR excavator

aksobe

I FINALLY (after about 5 years) have a ENGLISH service MANUAL and parts book. I also had a Japanese friend translate some of the marking on the machine (control buttons on the LCD AND the fuse panel).

If anyone is interested in purchasing (I spent countless hours and lots of money having this translated) you can email aksobe@gmail.com. Email me for a phone number as well if you like and we can chat. I would also be willing to trade for some other mm55sr knowledge OR some other help with it, or parts.

Does anyone know where you can get parts for an MM55SR? Cat is no help and have not been able to find any parts. I'd love to have any service info anyone has. I have a schematic for the MM55SR if anyone needs it.

GGGraham, I am in need of schematics and error codes if you still have avail. Have electrical short on many engine wires. Need to replace and troubleshoot. Thanks in advance.....Randy

reefermike

GGGraham, I am in need of schematics and error codes if you still have avail. Have electrical short on many engine wires. Need to replace and troubleshoot. Thanks in advance.....Randy
did you find wiring diagrams i am also looking for them as well as hydraulic valve flow diagrams

elie

Does anyone know where you can get parts for an MM55SR? Cat is no help and have not been able to find any parts. I'd love to have any service info anyone has. I have a schematic for the MM55SR if anyone needs it.
i have same problem with my mm5sr it would be great if someone can send be the schematics!
Thank you in advance

StnkyPete

This thread's been running a while but I'm hopeful of some help with my MM55SR. I have a problem where the boom won't lower. I've done a lot of diagnosis on this and came the the conclusion that is was likely a controller fault so decided to replace the controller with one from Tony and IMDynamics in Australia. The changeover was reasonably straight forward but the unfortunate thing is that it did not fix the fault, the boom still wont lower! I can lower the boom by manually operating the valve so the issue has to be with the mechanism operated by the electromagnetic coils on that valve. Has anyone had an experience of these valves and how they function? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

StnkyPete

Yes I tried that at the very start of the diagnosis of this fault a way back when along with a number of other things. In the end I found a number of odd things and decided to replace the controller and take them out if the equation. The old controller is now disconnected so it has no part to play any more. The new IMD controller is installed and working well. But unfortunately I still have a boom that won't go down. I'm need information about the physical working of the main control valve block particularly how the electromagnet coils make the main valves operate and, more importantly, what would cause them to fail. Chéers.

Graham Hamilton

Yes I tried that at the very start of the diagnosis of this fault a way back when along with a number of other things. In the end I found a number of odd things and decided to replace the controller and take them out if the equation. The old controller is now disconnected so it has no part to play any more. The new IMD controller is installed and working well. But unfortunately I still have a boom that won't go down. I'm need information about the physical working of the main control valve block particularly how the electromagnet coils make the main valves operate and, more importantly, what would cause them to fail. Chéers.

Have you checked the boom spool valve coil resistances and if there is voltage going to them when you operate the boom? Graham.

StnkyPete

Have you checked the boom spool valve coil resistances and if there is voltage going to them when you operate the boom? Graham.
Yes Graham I checked that and it is the correct resistance of 9 ohms. I have found the fault though. The coils sit on what in known as the solenoid valve, you can see them in the attached picture. I carefully dismantled and cleaned the inner workings of the valve in case it had become blocked with some dirt in the oil. The two posts you can see are the boom up and down valves actors. Inside those posts are a pin that is forced down to activate the valve when power flows through the coil. I tested them both when dismantled to find the down valve actor post does not work. The pin does not move when power is applied. Swapping the posts around and reassembling confirmed this. I now have no up boom action but down boom works IMG_20210830_101153.jpg

Graham Hamilton

Yes Graham I checked that and it is the correct resistance of 9 ohms. I have found the fault though. The coils sit on what in known as the solenoid valve, you can see them in the attached picture. I carefully dismantled and cleaned the inner workings of the valve in case it had become blocked with some dirt in the oil. The two posts you can see are the boom up and down valves actors. Inside those posts are a pin that is forced down to activate the valve when power flows through the coil. I tested them both when dismantled to find the down valve actor post does not work. The pin does not move when power is applied. Swapping the posts around and reassembling confirmed this. I now have no up boom action but down boom works View attachment 244471
Hi Pete, I'd be very interested to know how you get on with fixing this. I have a parts manuals for the MM50SR if you are interested. Your valve part seems to be part number PA4342. Graham

StnkyPete

Hi Graham,
Yes I we've exchanged a few emails about manuals. I have that parts manual too. I could not track down the part new so bought a complete valve bank from a wrecked digger. It's a bit of an overkill but Ill have plenty of hard to find spares should I need anything else or anyone else need anything for that matter.

WrenchDW

I FINALLY (after about 5 years) have a ENGLISH service MANUAL and parts book. I also had a Japanese friend translate some of the marking on the machine (control buttons on the LCD AND the fuse panel).

If anyone is interested in purchasing (I spent countless hours and lots of money having this translated) you can email aksobe@gmail.com. Email me for a phone number as well if you like and we can chat. I would also be willing to trade for some other mm55sr knowledge OR some other help with it, or parts.
I am interested. Please e-mail me at davidewalsh@hotmail.com. Thanks