• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6C Blade attachment

Mcrafty1

If you are going to use weld build up it is worth spending more to get the build up rod that doesn't mushroom. It will last a lot longer and is made for building up parts back to size. Below is the best description I could find for it.

ESAB STOODY BUILD-UP LH-COATED | thr11414100 | ohcanadasupply.ca

Microsoft Word - Cse001.doc (gasandsupply.com)
Thanks Welder dave, I agree that putting the right material on those balls will be well worth it, Too much effort to go through to use to soft of a material, I'll get the rod you specified Thanks.

Mcrafty1

There may not be one, or it could have worn off. All I can do is guide you as to where you might find it. Could even be on the inside surface for all I know.
Thanks Nige, I'll look but from looking at it when I got the pic with the cap side, If I'm going to find a number I'll need to unbolt the cap and get the push arm away from the track frame. I'll check the other side, If there's still a number left It could be exposed better there.