• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D6 / A4M1 ECM Valve speed and offset parameters

onanyme

Hi,
does anybody know if it is possible to fine tune the behavior of the hydraulics by editing some parameters on the A4M1 ECM of a D6 using the CAT ET tool ? Hydraulics are moving too quickly when sending the minimum CAN valve drive message (1 out of 255). Help & information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What's the machine Serial Number.? There must be a close to million different varieties of "D6" by now.
Off the top of my head isn't the speed of the hydraulic system response variable using the operator monitor..?
Has the implement system been calibrated recently, or any parts replaced..?

onanyme

Hi Nige,
thks for taking the time to answer. I've attached the info you requested.
I couldn't find anything in the menu to adjust the behavior of the hydraulics.
I do not have access to a CAT ET tool currently.
I'm sensing SAE J1939 PGN 65072 messages on the CAN bus and the blade is moving as expected BUT it's moving too fast even when sensing the minimum possible speed (1 out of 255).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/it2iqess25osfyj/IMG_20200501_145052.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06nunczyddpd3k1/IMG_20200501_145021.jpg?dl=0

p.jpeg
p.jpeg

Nige

Scratch that - managed to load them finally. Would come up on a mobile device. S/N DTD01080.

The Implement ECM software P/N 423-1029 is the latest available despite having a 2013 release date.
No idea about the engine, power train, or monitor.

Questions:-
1. How long has this issue been going on.? Did it start suddenly or get slowly worse over time.?
2. Has the implement system been calibrated recently, or any parts (esp. electronic ones) replaced..?

onanyme

Product identification number: CAT00D6TCDTD01080 (D6TXL)
Implement ECM HW/SW: 3045687-02/4231029-00 (feb 2013)

We had the machine only for a couple of weeks now and don't know much about its history.
The implement system hasn't beem calibrated recently to our knowledge. How do you perform implement calibration ? Do I need a CAT ET tool for that ?

We are looking for an electronic wiring diagram for this machine as we would like to detect when the blade is rotated but there doesn't seem to be a J1939 message for that on the 2 CAN buses we were able to locate on the machine (one under the front panel and the other one on the connector for the CAT ET tool)

Thks for your help

Nige

Implement System Calibration will require Cat ET. Thinking about it, it might be a good idea to get ET hooked up to it and produce a Product Status Report (PSR). This is an Adobe pdf file that could run to 20 pages listing all the settings/adjustments/calibrations, etc, et of everything on the machine. Often when reading it something just jumps out at you "this isn't right". What I'm wondering (amongst other things) is whether or not your machine has the correct electronic configuration in it for the 6-way blade that I assume it has from the way you speak about the hydraulics. The Implement system has to be set up differently between a 6-way blade and a standard single-tilt offering, and it requires ET to change between modes.

It's unfortunate that you have no idea of the history of the machine, but I had to ask.

I'll send you an electrical schematic.