• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 951-C in my sights

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Glad you are enjoying the thread OL2STROKER. I need to update the thread as I have been using the loader quite a bit lately. I have been cutting out for the new garage and backfilling around the new addition to the home. I also have to cut out for a second new building to use as a home for the 5 ton and a equipment shed.

I really am partial to Caterpillar, some of the guys on the forum seem to like various other brands. It is a personal preference for what ever brand that you happened to find a deal and cut your teeth on. Just run what you brung and learn to do the wrenching on it yourself.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the comment!

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Digging out for the new three car garage The old 951 just keeps on keeping on. The new addition on the house is well underway and is now finished outside. Got part of the concrete work done as you can see.

The grandson (Castle) enjoyed watching the loader work.

22308907_10214539997796216_5170744461971733969_n.jpg

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Well, since you asked, yes there are updates. My doctor (Cardiologist) called me in in November and told me that my pacemaker/defibrillator had saved my life sixty nine times in the past two weeks. On the 5th of December I went into the hospital for a heart ablation. Using a laser they burned out anything in my heart that would cause a heartbeat. I am now totally dependent on the pacemaker.

On January 3rd I left for Hawaii for two weeks and got back on January 17th. The home addition is finished. I am hoping to do the dirt work for the garage tomorrow (Friday) as it is supposed to rain on Saturday. I need to do about half a days work with the loader and then finish it up with the dozer. I have someone else to dig the foundation with a backhoe and pour the concrete.

You are right CalvinJim, it is border line, almost too wet but I need to get the dirt work done. I also need to do the dirt work for a five stall metal outbuilding and a 18 x 56 metal addition to my shop to put the 5 ton in. I try to keep busy, it beats the couch.

Metalman 55

I had been wondering about you as well, as there were no recent posts. Sure hope that by tweaking things that it will make things better for you in the ticker.

Good luck with it moving forward & let us know how the dirt work progresses. We are to get rain up here tomorrow as well.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Glad to hear the old ticker is still ticking and you still kicking the C as well.

I am anxious for winter to be done where the wet of spring eases off and I can get my old girl back into the swing.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
I did get about two hours in before the rain, not near enough to accomplish what I need to do. Worse thing is now it will take more than a week with no rain to be able to finish.
It was a pleasant surprise that after months of sitting idle both machines fired right up just as if they had been used the day before.

Actually the work on the ticker did make me feel much better, just don't have as much stammana. Live for the day because there'll come a day when we just won't be here anymore. I was in Hawaii when earl in the morning we got the urgent emergency news notice on our cell phones that we had fourteen minutes before a ICBM that was launched from North Korea would hit the island. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.
Metalman, bet you have had some rough weather up your way. I think bad weather and hard freeze probably hit Miller too.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Nitelite, I hope if we ever get that "In coming ICBM" warning here in Central NY I hope we have a few minutes more so I have time to get to the local rib joint so I can order a "full rack and a large local brewed IPA" to wash it down, OH don't for get the Jalapeno Corn Bread !

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We have had a round or two with sub freezing temps and a little ice and snow then rain but not all that bad SO FAR!! Winter is not done until end of March for me.

Metalman 55

We have had a round or two with sub freezing temps and a little ice and snow then rain but not all that bad SO FAR!! Winter is not done until end of March for me.

And up here it can be closer to the end of April for us! Fiveteen years ago we had a few flakes of snow on May 19th 2003! We are north but often on that weekend we are putting our tomatoes in! Not that year!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Been one of those Missouri months for February. Seventy one day snow the next, currently frost on the deck and yet to be mid sixties by noon. COME ON SPRING!!

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
She is alive! I put about twelve hours on the 951 C in the last three days. Hope to do a lot more in the next few weeks.

I had to spend the last few months sitting. I came real close to loosing my right leg because of a diabetic foot ulcer that refused to heal. My podiatrist found it on December 19th, had to stay off of it until April 16th. That foot seems to push the pedals on the 951 pretty good now. I will have the D4E out tomorrow. It is direct drive so it will really test out the foot.

Metalman 55

Nitelite, have been thinking about the absence of posts from you & that explains it. Do hope all is ok & take it easy. Dont we wish we could turn the clock back 34-40 yrs with our health?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Nitelite, Glad to hear you are on the mend and able to get some seat time in on the 951 again.

We are still hoping to see temperature above 50º some day soon. Believe we did it back in Feb but ever since been below normal. Right now we have a thin coat of the white stuff on the grass!

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Oh yea, 33 degrees last night but it should get up to 75 degrees today with the sun shining. That should dry up some of the muck. After breakfast this morning I plan to put in a few hours on the loader and dozer. I am working on a road and three building pads. You guys North of me should be seeing lots of improvement too. Time to get the grease gun out.

I will try to get some pictures of the projects that I have going on. That old loader still amazes me. At this point I honestly think that it will outlast me. No doubt that it needs far less maintenance than I require to keep it going.

boone

Nitelite, glad to hear your update as always. Maybe we'll enjoy a little spring time weather before the blazing summer. Feels like January 121st around here.