• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 795 electric drive trucks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Used to have fun with operators over the radio about VIMS, used to toggle the language at shift start and then get them to say exactly what was on the screen when something come up, pi$$ funny sometimes when they tried to explain. Used to crack me up just like when you ask them the hours on a machine and they read out something like 12345.1, amazes me they always do the point 1 or what ever, round enough is good enough.
The hourmeter reading always crack me up as well when they call them in over the radio. As far as I'm concerned rounding the meter reading to the nearest 10 is close enough.

We've just activated TKPH Monitor and although the system messages in English make perfect sense the Spanish ones (which our operators use because we're a Spanish-speaking country) are shall we say less than perfect. Must have been the Cuban exiles in Miami who did the translations.

CAT793

UN (Units - Metric or Imperial) then OK no longer works on the 795F as they now have VIMS Advisor and the process has changed.

But on Bone Heads interpretations of VIMS Events:-
STRG PRES LO - Strange (not Steering) Haha
TRN OUT SP ERR - Turn Out Spelling Error (not Transmission Output Speed Error)
And the one where they called up 'System Voltage Low'.......Do you want me to Restart it?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That's a function of the "Text Speak" generation .........

At our operation getting an operator to tell you exactly what was the on-screen message he received (that caused him to call in the radio to report a VIMS Event) is like trying to get blood out of a stone.......