• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 349 & 12 yard bucket

crazycajun

Yes, I Agree, there are the 2 plates where the loader would hook up to that he needs to tie into. I think I can explain him more tomorrow, but I will need a pic of my bucket cause he will think he is right til I prove him wrong

JDOFMEMI

He may have measured the pin spacing, and he probably has that right, but the angle is all wrong.

Also, as mentioned above, the top of the bucket will buckle trying to transmit the force where it is mounted at now.

I would recommend putting the top pin hole just at the top of the loader mount, then the rear pin will be out away from the back some. The plates the pin holes are in will need to wrap a fair ways down the back of the bucket. Putting the holes down low will let the force be transmitted to the leading edge better, but you will need to notch the top rail for clearance at the boom so you can curl far enough to hold a good load.

Good luck, custom work is always a trade off.

crazycajun

Jdofemi, that's my thoughts exactly. But I tried convincing him before hand. " I've built hundreds of buckets" was the response I got. I'm in a rush, so I had to take what I could get. Needless today I'm in the market to hire a welder full time!

crazycajun

emenygaq.jpg
apagatun.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Judging from the 2nd photo you'll have no problems dumping the bucket but it looks like you could do with a bit more curl angle to keep the material in it. Pretty much confirms the comments that were made when you posted the photos of the new mounting on the previous page. Watch out for over-extending the bucket cylinder. You don't want to be shearing the head bolts on it.

j.r.

Occupation
hoe operator
Im thinking that bucket might contact the cab if brought in to close :eek: looks good

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
that material looks like it would be hard to load in bucket like it does not flow across cutting edge very well

crazycajun

It will come wayyyy into the cAb.... It's pretty easy to load... The bucket will curl more than it is in that picture.

JDOFMEMI

Glad to see you got it to come together.

Looks like it will get the job done.

crazycajun

Sure do, but don't know how to post it from an iPhone? Any ideas? I could email to someone and let them post it I suppose