• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 349 & 12 yard bucket

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
I'd worry about weight with that bucket. It's not gonna be light.

crazycajun

6y7ynyzy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazycajun

Well if I have a 5yd currently, it weighs 5,000lbs. It will handle it heaped fully extended, so that's at least 6yrds. 18,000lbs of dirt and 5,000lbs of bucket.

If this bucket weighs 10,000 lbs. that gives me 13,000lbs of useable load. If this material weighs 400lbs/yard I should be able to lift 32 yards. 12 yards should be easy, the only reason I'm not going bigger is for actual size reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What the heck are you moving? Wood chips?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
:thumbsup

I don't read the articles, I'm just here for the pictures.:tong

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I too would be a bit concerned of the weight of a standard 980 bucket. How long of a stick do you have on the 349?

crazycajun

Thanks! Tailgate is presenting a challenge.. Going to try to equip it like the regular cat tailgate now.

JDOFMEMI

The bucket looks good. Looks like a lightweight one, at least relatively for its size.

What do you think, maybe 5 passes?

crazycajun

Well, if the bucket is 9 yards, and trailer is 75 yards, might be more than that. I dunno how much will heap over the top. Debating whether to put a thumb or not.