• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 287B Skidsteer Hydraulic Problem

bmanlyo

Not at the moment, between rain and a new baby haven't had time. So yours works every once in a while on one track

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
"o ring face " are used on all new cats smaller hyraulic lines

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
"o ring face " are used on all new cats smaller hyraulic lines

True but if, like many newer machines we have they have the quick connect fittings in many places. These look much like to oil sample ports but use a coupler Part number 6V4144.

bmanlyo

Yes our test or check ports look just like the oil or hydraulic check ports, some kind of quick connect. Is this the part number at cat.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Yes our test or check ports look just like the oil or hydraulic check ports, some kind of quick connect. Is this the part number at cat.

Yes the 6V4144 is the Cat part number for the coupler. My cost is $35.00+/-

Not sure if there is anyone else who makes them, could do a Google search on the part number.

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
Yes the 6V4144 is the Cat part number for the coupler. My cost is $35.00+/-

Not sure if there is anyone else who makes them, could do a Google search on the part number.
can get from most hydraulic hose supplyers

antpoo

I could send you a 8 page file that shows the drive motors and brake that identifies the ports and explains a lot about them.

I would need a direct email address as the file is too big to post here.

email me at
Hello, would I be able to see this file also please? My tack moto hose blew and I'm trying to locate which one to remove.

My email is aj_groves@hotmail.com

Thanks and regards
Andy

Tech1322

Hello I'm having a very odd problem with a 2007 cat 287B I just purchased
ser # CAT0287BAZSA03488
The machine runs ok at idle and all bucket functions work normal but when I try to drive it forward or reverse it builds pressure like the breaks are holding it and stars to stall the engine BUT if I lift the boom full speed and drive it wi go like normal other than when you turn right it wants to turn left and and when you turn left it wants to turn right but forward and reverse is working normal directions as long as I'm lifting the boom.
The second I release the boom joystick it builds pressure and almost stalls out.
If I lift slowly it will barely move so to move I have to pull the joystick full up or down so I can move.
I am a mechanic I have worked on dozer's excavators skidsteers and much more but after buying the $40 repair manual that doesn't help much I'm stumped.
This one has beaten me so far.
Please anything would be greatly appreciated

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A full service manual (new) for that machine probably costs North of $800. Look online for Cat Publication RENR4880.
Did you buy the Operation & Maintenance Manual by any chance.?

The left/right turn issue could be that someone has messed with electrical wiring for the joystick that controls the steering.

This particular machine Serial Number (ZSA03488) has been on HEF before. I just need some help to track down the relevant threads regarding why.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The left/right turn issue could be that someone has messed with electrical wiring for the joystick that controls the steering.
Or it could be hoses installed incorrectly........

See the other two threads. I wonder if the hose installations for the travel are so fcuked up that there is no return path to tank for the oil from the travel motors until you open the return to tank from the lift/tilt implement valve by engaging the lift function..?

Tech1322

Or it could be hoses installed incorrectly........

See the other two threads. I wonder if the hose installations for the travel are so fcuked up that there is no return path to tank for the oil from the travel motors until you open the return to tank from the lift/tilt implement valve by engaging the lift function..?
The guy I bought this from had a couple hoses reversed and the drive pump was bypassing #14