• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580K Stabilizer Cylinder Rebuild

trevor b

that's why i had BE CARE FULL in capital letters . glad to hear no one got hurt .that would have left a mark .it should be smooth digging from here. hope i was some help talk at ya later trevor.

Zef_66

Sorry I didn't update sooner. Got the new rod machined, the eyelet machined and welded to the rod and everything assembled just fine. The install back on the machine went fine as well and it works great. A longer process than I thought. But overall, not to costly at right around $150 for everything. Of course if I had to pay to have someone do all the work, I would have had a lot more than that.

Thanks again for your help!

Zef_66

How did you bend it, just wondering

The rod was bent when I bought the machine. I did not notice it was bent on initial inspection. I did see the cylinder was leaking a little bit, but did not notice the bend in the rod. So I have no idea how the rod got bent.