• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CA day in the life of a WABO scoopmobile Model HPD

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
You mean you can't build your own or most people don't?
:usa

would you wanna live in a house built by chinamen? lol.....no seriously tho, they are too busy stiring the lead into the paint for McDonalds toys to build a house

OP; that is an awesome ole loader....keep 'er running as long as you can:salute

Pj

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
would you wanna live in a house built by chinamen? lol.....no seriously tho, they are too busy stiring the lead into the paint for McDonalds toys to build a house

OP; that is an awesome ole loader....keep 'er running as long as you can:salute

Pj

No, they way he worded it I wondered if they were allowed to build their own homes. :usa

surfer-joe

The first loader I ever ran was a Scoopmobile, back in 1963. About the same size as the one pictured here, flat head gas engine. It was used for dragging farm equipment in and out of the shop and around the yard. Also snow plowing, and infrequently, loading a bit of gravel from a local pit. Didn't do anything very well, except getting stuck. Very rare machine in our area then.

randolph

I like the ladder up against the side of the bucket then ladder on the roof!
Occupational health and safety would have a field day! Only in the states!
:usa :drinkup

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
I like the ladder up against the side of the bucket then ladder on the roof!
Occupational health and safety would have a field day! Only in the states!
:usa :drinkup

No, Labor and Industries would have a field day here too. But on private property with only the owner working on this they don't do much.

;) :usa

chuck767

Does it really take two hands to start this ole girl?

Rumor has it that the starting process on this pictured rig, involves touching two wires together ???? Can anyone confirm if this was the original factory setup or not????

allpinball

The electric starter is the factory setup, as are the wires, but I suspect there may have originally been a switch involved instead of just touching the wires. Including a single wire for activating the alternator, the subject scoopmobile has only about 5 feet of wire present; just enough to make it start and charge the battery.

Locals tell the story that once during a snowstorm, a chunk of snow fell and hit the starter wires and caused the scoopmobile to start itself. Neighbor called and asked who would be using the scoopmobile in the middle of the night, True story.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Hate to be accused of being a safety nanny but not sure I like the idea of using that platform attached to the bucket. Hope all the hoses on that old girl are not original.

I wish I had a picture of the old Scoopmobile we had at one of out plants back in the early 1970's. As I recall it had a C or J Cummins six cylinder and was almost modern in design compared to this one four wheel drive and articulated steering as I recall.

Just noticed that this one has a single sided boom! I thought JCB claimed to have invented that for their side-steers? Unfortunately we do have one of them, would much rather have this good old scoopy!

chuck767

Hate to be accused of being a safety nanny but not sure I like the idea of using that platform attached to the bucket. Hope all the hoses on that old girl are not original.

I believe he used a chunk of 4X4 as a safety crutch in case a hose decided to let go.

mcgyver2822

Occupation
mechanic
WABCO 300 Loader parts book needed

I am looking for a parts book for my WABCO 300 Wheeloader. Do you know where I can find one>>MIke