• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T300 Keyless issue

jkflatt

My T300 is having same issues with the delux panel. Push the run-enter button on right panel, screen come on for 2 seconds shows the bobcat logo, then goes out.
Does it sound like a bad panel?

MichaelB

My T300 is having same issues with the delux panel. Push the run-enter button on right panel, screen come on for 2 seconds shows the bobcat logo, then goes out.
Does it sound like a bad panel?
I have a S250 that has the exact same issue. I can press the Lights button on the left panel and it will do the same thing. I have gotten it to start once or twice out of a hundred presses, but the left panel will not display any LEDs, the fuel gauge does not change, and I'm unable to get the engage button to work with the lap bar down. I have tried everything, charged the battery, cleaned the connectors, checked all the fuses and relays, checked the wires to the control panel by the left foot, etc. All looks good, but can't get it to power and stay on.....

jkflatt

Sounds like you may need a new left panel. I ended up calling dealer and getting service tech out to check it. Replaced left panel.

MichaelB

Sounds like you may need a new left panel. I ended up calling dealer and getting service tech out to check it. Replaced left panel.
I pulled both of mine and will be taking them to the dealer in another city who will check them when they get a chance. I expect one of the panels to be bad. I believe it to be the left as the hour meter has had a problem for the last 2 years where it shows only the lower when power is first applied and then a few seconds later only shows the top. It has had this power on then off issue intermittently for the same time, but had always turned on after the 2nd or 3rd press of the button. But luck has run out!

jkflatt

My hour meter did the same. Service tech said that was classic sign of left panel going bad. Common problem on these machines. If I’d known this I could have saved the service call. However I was not sure which panel was bad. I also didn’t know they could test the panels if you brought the panel in. I assumed it had to be in a machine to test it.

Dale D.

I had a similar issue with my T300. Most times the panel would turn on then off. Sometimes it would start and would shut off immediately. Other times it would start and run for a bit then shut off. Code 76-73 would display along with "Reply" on the left panel. The fact that it would start and run sometimes lead me to believe it was not the panel. Plus these panels are spendy so I decided to do some wire testing. I pulled the plugs out of both panels and checked for continuity between the panels and to see if the wires were grounding. I also pulled the J2 connector off the controller and checked there as well. I found a few wires that were going to ground so, I started tracing the harness. There is a 16 pin connector near the hydraulic fill tube under the cab. When I moved that connector, I was able to turn the panel on, start and run the T300. When I wiggled the connector again, it would shut off. What I found was the harness from that connector to the J2 connector on the controller wore through just inside the rail and some of the wires were shorting to ground. I ran new wires from the J2 connector on the controller to the 16 pin connector next to the hydraulic fill tube. There is a slot in the rail near the cab strut on the left side that I was able to lift the harness and see the worn wires. The hardest part of the rewiring job was seeing the wire numbers to make sure I repaired the right ones. After the repairs, I stuffed some foam under the harness to hopefully prevent more damage to that part of the harness. So far I have had no issues. This was also the cause of a seat bar fault we had a year or so ago.

Swannny

I realize this is an old thread, but have the same intermittent prob with a 2005 - s185 ....push yellow run/enter on right panel no power. Pushing light switch on left panel energizes the run/enter switch.

Got 12.6 voltage at both red/white wires at back of panels, and back at the connector near the hydraulic tank. Refreshed all grounds. Even downgraded and put in a keyed right panel and same intermittent prob.

Anyone ever figure this one out?

Thanks!

Swannny

Well, I think I figured it out. Both connectors at the controller had moisture build up in them. Aired both out well, and wiped some dielectric grease on them. So far so good...no hiccups.