• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best excavator to buy

toreed47

komatsu pc200lc-3

I am new to this forum have question on komatsu pc200lc-3 can someone tell me what year it might be s/n 21277? I am sorry for asking on someone else thread but only I could find to ask. Thanks for any help Thomas

toreed47

MrKomatsu does that hoe have the S6D105 engine and are the pc200-3 hoes good units hrs. 6500. Thanks for the info. toreed47

MrKomatsu

yes it does......the ole non emissionized work horse....good machine...6500hrs? thats not bad if it is real...not replaced at any time?.....

toreed47

Thanks MrKomatsu I am sure I will have more questions later my son has just traded for it. I think it will make a good farm hoe. toreed47

PC200LC-8

Occupation
Product Support
The dealerships that provide the best customer service should help you with your selection more than other criteria. What good is a Komatsu PC220 if you can't get parts and service if you need them? That being said, the Komatsu PC200 or PC220 is a great machine. Most komatsu units' undercarriage/frame, on average, has more weight in it that other machines in its class, offering a more stable flatform. This enables the machine to be more comfortable for the operator, and less overall wear associated with vibration. Komatsu also uses monitor panels that self diagnose. That means that you can tell what the codes mean without a tech coming out to hook up his diagnostic machine, so long as you buy a shop manual...much less costly than paying the dealership to send a tech out to hook up his computer to your computer.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If you want the Komatsu codes you can down load them from this site.

http://www.constructioncentric.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1187540925

As far as the sales pitch there is very little difference in any manufacturer's car bodies and house. The places where big differences exist is in the hydraulic systems and electronics packages. Today all manufacturers have good electronics packages and most have very good hydraulic systems.

The other major difference in machines concerns the dealer networks and factory support. Most will require you to have a field mechanic come out and troubleshoot your machine. Many will try to talk you through the easy problems over the phone before trying to convince you to take that $1,000 hit for the mechanic.

Excavators have a finite life span that can be shortened by bad operators and lousy maintenance. Your best buy is in finding a machine with lots of life left.

Szyman

We bought a CAT 321C LCR 2005, price was really good, and short counterweight is a bonus for us. What do you think about this machine ??

MrElectric03

The dealerships that provide the best customer service should help you with your selection more than other criteria. What good is a Komatsu PC220 if you can't get parts and service if you need them? That being said, the Komatsu PC200 or PC220 is a great machine. Most komatsu units' undercarriage/frame, on average, has more weight in it that other machines in its class, offering a more stable flatform. This enables the machine to be more comfortable for the operator, and less overall wear associated with vibration. Komatsu also uses monitor panels that self diagnose. That means that you can tell what the codes mean without a tech coming out to hook up his diagnostic machine, so long as you buy a shop manual...much less costly than paying the dealership to send a tech out to hook up his computer to your computer.

Id look into a PC200 or PC220 as well. Ive worked on many excavators but I like the Komatsu products the most. We have a couple -8s which operate extremely smooth...however I advise you to check on dealers in your area, even a good machine can turn to a bad machine without a good dealer.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Having actually noticed where you are located, go for Doosan, Volvo or Liebherr. Find the cheapest, best looking, strongest and run with it, IMO.

Doosan: DX225NLC / Solar 225 LC-7 Built for operators (comfy) One tough machine
Volvo: EC210B or C(?) Built for cold, sound engineering
Liebherr: Not sure of the model, but also sound engineering

Please go for Doosan, I want to see some pics of the DX 225 actually working, not in a brochure. . .

Ryanrb25

Cat 325 are pretty good

no problem with engine
another excavators
it 's the Volvo EC 240

pretty good machine
my brother in law have one from 2001
8000 hrs
any things to say
:)

we use a EC 240 Volvo. around about 8000H. Very smooth machine. We have a brand new 21T Sumitomo and the volvo in every way is better than it. The 21T maybe a bit quicker but the Volvo in terms of breakout, Balance and outright smooth operation beats it every time with 8 times the hours on it.

case9030b

new (old)machine

Im planning on doing large tree removal with this machine,come with a powertilt Q/hitch,mud bucket,gp bucket,digging bucket,grab and a ripper machine has a 6cyl cummins and has 4000hrs tracks and drive gear is really good.Hope it goes ok as its my first machine and ive put my savings plus a bank loan to buy it!!

Cant upload pictures here??:(

TopDeadCenter

Another item to consider is what is your machine going to be worth when you decide to dispose of it? I'm not sure what the resale values are in Europe but I know that here in the SE US that within about 10% accuracy we know what our machines will sell for at the end of their life cycle. We try to stick with the top 3 manufacturers of any class of machines. I know what my 5 year old Cat with 10,000 hours is worth. What is the resale value of a Doosan of comparible age and use? I couldn't tell you...

biodole

Occupation
Excavator

Hey there...I have a 2002 Kamatsu PC128 - what is the button combination to access the self diagnosis on the monitor panel? I know its 2 buttons simultaneously I believe. Also, is there a link somewhere that I can find the error codes for this particular unit? I'm not sure which DASH series this Kamatsu is - can you help? Thank you! :drinkup

MrKomatsu

most likely it is a dash 6...what is the serial # please....and it is spelled.Komatsu...lol

is it a US or A UU?