• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Average age on the forum

Average age on the forum

• 1-10

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 62 7.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 225 27.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 196 24.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 50 6.2%

• Total voters

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome there responder nice to have you in the class...

tanktwo

Occupation
Retired but do some construction - mostly swingin'
64 here. Only been round construction and heavy equip for past 18 yrs.

canuck22038

Occupation
retired
About to turn 78 in October. Great to be in the company of folks around my age.
Back in '81 I drove a machine with 3000 shaft horsepower weighing in at around 2000 tons. Those were the days!:canada

Bleed Green

Last year for my birthday the guys had a cake for me that said 21 going on 60.... but I'm actually 22.

Apparently im old because I go to bed at 9:30 every night, don't drink, don't smoke, eat healthy, don't go to bars and basically I'm a goodie two shoes....man my life sucks.:confused:

I hate to say I am right there with you. I am 23 and very rarely go to bars and my friends make fun of me cause I don't drink very often and I like to go to bed earlier instead of staying out and up till all hours of the morning. I have heard the "old man" comment too many times LOL. Oh well I guess to each their own.

anyone,JLG 450A won't swing n hard to go up n down

Hi anyone I have a Jlg boom 450A and lately I have problem to swing the hydralic arm and also diffficult to move arm down and up.please some advice what could be this problem.thanks

brock38

Occupation
Retired
Who his the Oldest Person on this Site ? I will be 73 next Birthday ! I started working in 1954 in the Earthmoving Trade as a Mechanic,

jughead

Occupation
retired
Who his the Oldest Person on this Site ? I will be 73 next Birthday ! I started working in 1954 in the Earthmoving Trade as a Mechanic,
looks like 78 so far. i have u beat on age by just a little already 73. one thing for sure though this old man likes to move dirt but an operator i aint and never will be. some of the guys on this board scare the stew out of me

monkey

going on 46 here

just remember it's not the age, it's the mileage

let's just say my odometer only goes to 999,999 and it hit that a few years ago :(

JLG 450A swing/lift problems from cage, some help?

Hi my name is Remy and I have a JLG 450A model 1997 and there are some problem from the cage when try to lift/swing the hydralic arm only that is happening from the cage.I need to fix the problem,Some body?Thanks

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome there inandoutproject, contact Atcoequip here or go to to this section
and post your question...

Click Here Remy

Hi my name is Remy and I have a JLG 450A model 1997 and there are some problem from the cage when try to lift/swing the hydralic arm only that is happening from the cage.I need to fix the problem,Some body?Thanks

Remy it might help if you posted your queries in the correct place like I asked you to do earlier.Click above RED writing and it will take you to the correct place.....

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
I am 68, have run all types of equipment, But my favorite thing is driving truck. Have two dump trucks, 8100 IH 5yd and 9300 IH 12 yd. The best is an T600 LWB sleeper cab with 400 detroit.
Been in: Teamsters, Operating Engineers and Automotive Machinests Unions
Also Plumbers and Pipefitters.

You can do a lot in 68 years. Thats the best part of getting along in years.

JLG 450A swing/lift problems from cage, some help?

Hi my name is Remy and I have a JLG 450A model 1997 and there are some problem from the cage when try to lift/swing the hydralic arm only that is happening from the cage.I need to fix the problem,Some body?
I would like some orientation what place do I need to look to get this situation solve. thanks

Tyler Abernethy

Occupation
Partner @ Ontrac Parts
I was stoked to see that I fit into the community age group well, I fall under the 21 - 30 range. Apparently 30% of all voters were in the same group! Awesome!