• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Average age on the forum

Average age on the forum

• 1-10

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 62 7.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 225 27.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 196 24.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 50 6.2%

• Total voters

Panhandler Bob

Occupation
operator
:cool: Fifty nine, gettin older a'int for sissys, but it beats the alternative(bein dead) any day.:drinkup Bob aka ZZ

NHGus

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
31, started with farm equipment around age 12, only recently stared using construction equipment.

cummins05

26. started as a flagger then ground man on the old mans crusher first machine was a WA500 at age 18 I ran lota of machines before that this was just my first full time seat.

I had to work my way up to operator just like everyone else

goodearth13

Occupation
Patrol Man for Sioux County
63 & still not grown up. My 4th grade teacher said "If I didn't grow up" I'd be a ditch digger when I got older & had to get a job. Ha! I wish she could see me dig the ditches with the 08 Cat 140H. I can make a mile in 20 minutes if I'm just pulling up some gravel. I bet she'd be amazed, cause when she said that it was 1954. Love the Industry!! Been in the dirt since I was 14 when Dad first put me on 2UD8 & a Wooly (wooldridge) scraper. Man I hated it. It was sooooo hot & dusty. still doin it in the dirt. C Ya, Patrol Man (Dan) Goodearth13

Wolf

63 & still not grown up. My 4th grade teacher said "If I didn't grow up" I'd be a ditch digger when I got older & had to get a job. Ha! I wish she could see me dig the ditches with the 08 Cat 140H. I can make a mile in 20 minutes if I'm just pulling up some gravel. I bet she'd be amazed, cause when she said that it was 1954. Love the Industry!! Been in the dirt since I was 14 when Dad first put me on 2UD8 & a Wooly (wooldridge) scraper. Man I hated it. It was sooooo hot & dusty. still doin it in the dirt. C Ya, Patrol Man (Dan) Goodearth13

You're fourth grade teacher was right. Be the best that you can be. Sounds like you excel at what you do, and you are happy and confident in your work.

Pictures, please.

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Hey goodearth13, sounds like the saying must have been taught at teachers college. I had a geometry teacher tell me the same thing in tenth grade. that was 25 years ago ( I think). Once U hit 40 u hate to think back that far

cj06

Just turned 50 , feel like i am still 18 , then wife wakes me up to take heart
medicines !!

42 for me but when i get to the job site fire up the equipment, feel like am 16 again, but by the end of the day realty sets in most of the time