• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any info on Horizon Earthworks Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abscraperguy

I left Alberta in the 70's for BC but still have friends and familly in the slave Lake area and I will always love Alberta and Albertan's. One bad apple does not mean all Albertan's are bad but back in the day Albertan's would never allow this to happen.
They would throw the bad apple into the compost pile or worst and I will get paid.

I don't think Lester would make good compost. That compost will just poison the garden.:bash
Ya wishin you luck gettin paid. Keep us informed.

FNick

Yeah I've never dealt with anything so sketchy. I've worked with people who lied about expenses and assets of the company but nothing this bad.

FLconcreteman

Hey guys Lester lost the concrete plant in Lamont, didn't he? I heard he was back and up with 2 other companies, loving life, being lester, it is unbelievable he is still around and none of those crazy peps he screwed up there got to him yet. A local contractor around here that has the same traits as lester was just found dead in his doorway, single bullet to the head....news said no suspects, but there was a line of people that he owed money, funny thing.....the people interviewed sounded just like some of us unpaid employees. The only time I met the feller, after 2 minutes I said "man you remind me of an old boss up in Canada, you sure your not related to Lester Sorenson?" He apparently thought it was a compliment, I just walked away shakin my head with the famous line "FUC*IN HORIZON, FUC*KIN HORIZON"

javad

hi,i know a little english
im going to canada(biritish colombia),i have in my country d8n and I want a second hand d8r buy in Canada,can i find work in Canada for the d8r? and how much time the average price in hour?:beatsme

playinthedirt

It's awful to hear of how many scabby companies are around! I was looking at sending a resume to Phase 2, and after investigating this company through these threads, I am relieved I didn't! Unfortunatly, I was employed by a company by the name of PSA Construction who sounds exactly like this Phase 2. The owner Paul has burnt so many bridges its not even funny. I run into some people from rental companies etc., and they tell me how he still owes them money or screwed them over one way or another. He promises to pay his workers x amount of dollars, and when the paystub comes, its not what you agreed to. He screams at his employees, I mean SCREAMS for absolutely NO reason. This was with everyone!! His equipment is not at all taken care of. He is a crooked guy. His work ethic is extremely unsafe. I appreciate the input from this thread about phase 2, and hope someone who is looking for employment with PSA looks else where. No one deserves to work under these conditions.

NoCrapmatsu

It's awful to hear of how many scabby companies are around! I was looking at sending a resume to Phase 2, and after investigating this company through these threads, I am relieved I didn't! Unfortunatly, I was employed by a company by the name of PSA Construction who sounds exactly like this Phase 2. The owner Paul has burnt so many bridges its not even funny. I run into some people from rental companies etc., and they tell me how he still owes them money or screwed them over one way or another. He promises to pay his workers x amount of dollars, and when the paystub comes, its not what you agreed to. He screams at his employees, I mean SCREAMS for absolutely NO reason. This was with everyone!! His equipment is not at all taken care of. He is a crooked guy. His work ethic is extremely unsafe. I appreciate the input from this thread about phase 2, and hope someone who is looking for employment with PSA looks else where. No one deserves to work under these conditions.

What did you do with PSA? We did some work with them and they seemed ok. Some guys really screwed them around if I remember correctly.

playinthedirt

I was an operator. I have never seen people screamed at like that. Starting from his payroll etc. Clerk to operators, he has made many many enemies. There is lots of work starting up again. Go elsewhere! I still speak to ex employees of psa and they all still have no use for this guy. I am sure after a month or so they see how much of an a u know what the owner is. There were 5 of us that couldn't take it anymore. 1 by 1 over a month or so we quit.. Happily!!

Beltman

Does anyone know where their office or location is for Earthworks? I'm trying to locate Lester Sorenson to try and retrieve out standing bills overdue. No call backs, or emails to advise us of his status. If anyone knows, please reply back so we can get this situation sorted out.

Beltman

would you know where i could locate him? office or feild location as he has outstanding bills due with us we need to collect on with no luck on a returned call or email.

engi

Does anyone know where their office or location is for Earthworks? I'm trying to locate Lester Sorenson to try and retrieve out standing bills overdue. No call backs, or emails to advise us of his status. If anyone knows, please reply back so we can get this situation sorted out.

Check your private messages

L.S.sucks

STAY AWAY From Lester Sorenson or Sorensen!!! Seems to be spelling his name different ways these days. He has teamed up with Pehdzehki Contractors in Wrigley NT, to screw many workers out of money. I waisted over 1000 dollars just to find out that the guys that were working there haven't been paid in over 5 weeks!!! while he was in Hawaii for 3 weeks.. I got out while I could. I am not going to work for them so they can put any amount of money in their pockets from my hard work. Good luck to those that are stuck in Wrigley work safe. Try not to run him over on the job site!

I would love to hear more stories about the loser so as to keep this post alive.

LESTER SORENSON IS IN WRIGLEY NT. IF ANY BILL COLECTORS ARE LOOKING FOR HIM.

Long Road

Well, We can be added to the list of people burned by Lester Sorenson! We did a dump truck hauling job for him in Edmonton and we are out thousands. He paid the first cheque while the job was running and then did not come through on the final cheque. Didn't want to post on here earlier in case it hurt our chances of getting the money back, but I think that is never going to happen anyway and while he continues to operate it crippled us, so if I can warn one more person from doing business with this scum then please be forwarned! If we had searched on the internet first, it would have been obvious this guy was not on the up and up and would not have touched the job with a 10 foot pole!

L.S.sucks

Just wondering if anybody from the Wrigley NWT job got paid in full??? I am sure he would screw a few guy out of some pay to cover his next Hawaii trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.