• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Alusium

If you fix it it should be good for a few more pounds…

I’m referring to the log behind, at a 45° angle to the load on the first Pete. Maybe they have a truck tucked into the back of that load?

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
If you fix it it should be good for a few more pounds…

I’m referring to the log behind, at a 45° angle to the load on the first Pete. Maybe they have a truck tucked into the back of that load?
Nope, that is a full load, 32s perhaps but a full load. Now, when you refer to a pup, I immediately think of a short logger trailer. What I'm seeing is two long log loads powered by the Pete in the foreground. You didn't need a lot of power, there was no adverse in those days it was always favorable grade. You just needed good brakes.
I think we might be saying the same thing, just using different nomenclature.

Alusium

Fageol went out of business Jan 1 1939, Sterling bought Fageol for about 5 cents on the dollar.
Sterling then sold the remainder two months later to Peterman for $50,000. Below is from best
of records by a known Peterbilt aficionado one of the first if not the first Pete built in 1939.
View attachment 304011
Looking at this again…that bunk/wing log on the new pete appears to be well over 64’ long if the other “long logs” are 32’.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Based on the idea that it is a coast grown Douglas Fir (guy is wearing rain gear like he lives in it) and it is a 32' log 96" both ends, no taper, the calculator says it is 79,184 pounds. Which seems a little heavy for the era. ('50s, early '60s) 68,000 being the "normal" weight with a permit allowing up to 72,000. But, if it is a Saturday, who knows....